SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#87818 - 11/05/08 09:05 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Bill, excellent post. Thanks for your insight.

#87819 - 11/05/08 09:24 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:

BTW, Tony, I sure had you misread. But, hey, you're certainly entitled to your opinions.
chas

chas ... I certainly would appreciate further explanation !!!

BTW ... my e-mail is in my profile ....

t.

#87820 - 11/05/08 09:24 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Lol. It begins already. Bush fails? Bush's fault. Obama fails?.....duh, Bush's fault. I wonder how many "McCain stole the election" stories had to be torn up and thrown in the garbage that were written well in advance of the election?

#87821 - 11/05/08 09:25 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
tony mads usa Offline

dble click .... sorry .....

t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 11-05-2008).]

#87822 - 11/05/08 09:30 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by FAEbGBD:
Lol. It begins already. Bush fails? Bush's fault. Obama fails?.....duh, Bush's fault. I wonder how many "McCain stole the election" stories had to be torn up and thrown in the garbage that were written well in advance of the election?

Probably not too many...

Its a given that each president often has to be subjected to correcting the previous pres. actions.

Its more valid, IMO, if you consider the level of the error involved.

Ex. Take Reagan getting most of the credit for the release of the Iran hostages after he replaced Carter. In this case, the negotiations/agreements were already in place, but Iram simply wanted to bring as much shame upon Carter as they could. It works in reverse sometimes too...

You really have to pay attention to not get sucked in by the BS.

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#87823 - 11/05/08 09:42 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:

You really have to pay attention to not get sucked in by the BS.

You got that right !!!

t.

#87824 - 11/05/08 09:44 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
tony mads usa Offline

In the final analysis, the story of this election is that McCain has been beaten by Bush TWICE !!!

t.

#87825 - 11/05/08 09:58 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Whatever our disagreements we are ALL Americans (except those living here illegally of course; or those who have not "yet" become U.S. citizens by choice but are still residing here legally).

One of my main concerns about Obama is that we don't really know the man that well. He has been less than forthcoming about his earlier years in college and also the time when he was in cahoots with the unrepentant terrorist William Ayers. In fact Obama himself denied access to information about himself to the public during those certain college years of his, and one can only imagine why?? Was it because the information contained therein would have made his run for the presidency more difficult, if not impossible, to acheive?? Why did he renig on his promise to the American people of accepting public financing for his campaign - something he told John McCain in writing he would absolutely do? Was it because by limiting his campaign to public financing he wouldn't have been able to raise the "excessive" amounts of money he needed to, in my opinion, "steamroll" his way into the presidency? Since he broke his trust with the American people over public financing what makes you think he will keep all of his other commitments he has made to his 'constituents' or to the American people as a whole? In other words, if a man will outright lie to the American people over one issue, what makes you think he will tell the truth about other things he has spoken or promised he will do?

Obama has spoken many "lofty" words, saying he will do many "lofty" things for America and the "middle" class. Words are fine, but actions will be the only determining factor when 'all is said and done' and when the resultant 'push comes to shove' and the 'rubber finally meets the road'.

So in truth, what do we currently have to go by - Obama's "words" or his previous "actions" from his political record? When a person says one thing yet for the most part his previous "record" shows the direct opposite about him, what are we to believe?? His words or his "record"?? >> You all can sort that one out on your own..

Now, can a man suddenly make a change for the better? Yes he can if he wants to. The sixty four thousand dollar question with Obama is: Will he?? Or does he even care to???

These next four years will tell us one way or the other what his real plans for America and the American people are. If his previous "record" is any indication (not his lofty words) my advice to everyone is to HOLD ON TIGHT TO YOUR WALLET, while in the meantime, PRAY for God's MERCY upon this great land of ours in the coming years ahead, and particularly in these next "four" years of his presidency.

Best,
Mike

#87826 - 11/05/08 10:28 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You know what I've never heard from, from ANY Republican supporter, here, or anywhere (and I talk face to face with a LOT, coming from Florida!)...?

An apology.

For voting for GW not once, but TWICE,

I guess either they don't feel the President has much to do with how the country goes (in which case, why worry about Obama? ) or they don't give a damn what he does in there, as long as he just SAYS the things they want to hear while he does the opposite...

You can bet, after four years of Obama, they will hold him personally responsible (and those who voted for him) for every last problem over here....

So, where's that apology from the right?

#87827 - 11/05/08 11:54 AM Re: OBAMA WINS!!!!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
The Democratic congress IS responsible for the mess were in...there knew damm well about Freddie and Fannie and actually personally got paid by them! They did nothing beacsuse it was there deal (started by Clintons policy of everyone should have a house (even if they can't pay for it)

That is the one major thing that got us here.

It was not the president.

Once again no accountability to what they do..that needs to change!
Lee

Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online