SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#53521 - 02/04/05 12:27 AM Re: Narrow Taste in Music & Aversion to Digital Instruments
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi All.
Just start by saying that I am 66 and probably one of the younger old age pensioners frequenting this forum. It is a fact that we were brought up on feast of excellent music, George Shearing, The duke,
Ted Heath, etc. etc.but I dont think anyone should knock all the modern music. Everyone,
regardless of age, should look at all types of music. Some of the music that has been written in the last few years is exceptionally good, I agree that there is also quite a lot of rubbish, but even in 'our era' as you might call it, there was also some rubbish tunes.Good music is whatever you enjoy playing, I personally enjoy the rock 'n' roll stuff because I think it has had the greatest impact on popular music over the last fifty years.
The thing is you have the facility of a fantastic keyboard in the KN and you can sit at it and play anything that takes your fancy. So to finish, my favourite big band piece is 'Skyliner', and to the other extreme is 'Road to Hell' by Chris Rea and when they finally put me in a box and send me off to wherever we go, these are the two tunes they will play for me.

Regards to all
Peter B

#53522 - 02/04/05 05:27 AM Re: Narrow Taste in Music & Aversion to Digital Instruments
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Peter
Shades of “I’ll Remember April” and Charlie Barnett.
In my box will be Trumpet Blues (Harry James)
Ted Heath (Listen to my music) his signature tune.
April in Paris, (One more time) And millions of others.
But as nearly all the musicians now are in heaven.
I will be able to hear them Live (or dead) I’ll be there
Regards.
Joe

#53523 - 02/04/05 07:00 AM Re: Narrow Taste in Music & Aversion to Digital Instruments
Mark, Michie & Luce Offline

Loc: Mersea Island, England
For Johnnie.c,

Having read through the above, believe me I didn't mean in anyway to offend the older members of the forum. Some of my friends meet this category and I trust them more than some friends of my own age (18 going on 19).

To all those offended, you have my sincere apoligies and deepest regards.

As ever,

Luce

#53524 - 02/04/05 08:27 AM Re: Narrow Taste in Music & Aversion to Digital Instruments
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi luce
We're to old and to wise to take offence.

Peter B

#53525 - 02/04/05 12:42 PM Re: Narrow Taste in Music & Aversion to Digital Instruments
Anonymous
Unregistered

Luce,

I love the outdoors, so my 78 year old skin may be thicker than others. Foggie is much nicer than Goat.

Peace brother and sisters.

Fran (Looking forward to 79) in Florida

#53526 - 02/05/05 06:39 AM Re: Narrow Taste in Music & Aversion to Digital Instruments
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
hi there everyone i have not been on the site for a while I have just qualified for the title of senior citizen and love music of every kind,but enjoy some more than others as i love food but enjoy chocolate ice cream more than sprouts, why is everyone bothered about other peoples taste in music , there is good and bad in all genres,and all eras, if you are over 60 listen to Britney Spears "Everytime", if you are under 40 listen to Ella Fitzgerald "Everytime we say Goodbye" If you are between 40 and 60 listen to them both. I think they are both lovely songs but maybe you do not!

Just a thought
Jan
P/S any spellin mistakes Walter

[This message has been edited by kozykeys (edited 02-05-2005).]

#53527 - 02/05/05 07:49 AM Re: Narrow Taste in Music & Aversion to Digital Instruments
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by kozykeys:
hi there everyone i have not been on the site for a while I have just qualified for the title of senior citizen and love music of every kind,but enjoy some more than others as i love food but enjoy chocolate ice cream more than sprouts, why is everyone bothered about other peoples taste in music , there is good and bad in all genres,and all eras, if you are over 60 listen to Britney Spears "Everytime", if you are under 40 listen to Ella Fitzgerald "Everytime we say Goodbye" If you are between 40 and 60 listen to them both. I think they are both lovely songs but maybe you do not!

Just a thought
Jan
P/S any spellin mistakes Walter

[This message has been edited by kozykeys (edited 02-05-2005).]

Hi All,

I can beat the lot of you for age (81)I love music of all types even some modern songs.
I love playing my KN7000 and using my computer am I an old fogy?

Derek Munson

#53528 - 02/05/05 08:42 AM Re: Narrow Taste in Music & Aversion to Digital Instruments
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by D.Munson:
I can beat the lot of you for age (81) am I an old fogy?

No Derek. Your a very,very,very, nice man.
(as the advert says). Keep on playing,and you will stay young. Can you say. (apart from a few stiff joints),that you feel old?.

In your mind I bet you think you still "21"
and so you should!!

Regards.
Joe

#53529 - 02/05/05 09:49 AM Re: Narrow Taste in Music & Aversion to Digital Instruments
Keyboardcapers Offline

Loc: England
I've still got the mind of an eighteen year old, it's just the body I wanna get rid of.

Keyboardcapers

#53530 - 02/05/05 09:55 AM Re: Narrow Taste in Music & Aversion to Digital Instruments
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by D.Munson:
Hi All,

I can beat the lot of you for age (81)I love music of all types even some modern songs.
I love playing my KN7000 and using my computer am I an old fogy?

Derek Munson

Wow, Derek, I had no idea you were that old. I thought I was about the oldest one here and I am only 73 this month. I hope I get to 81 and still able to play these keyboards.
BEst to you and all others that are my senior peers
Bebop
PS: Who is the oldest and youngest in this forum? Never mind I will go start another thread in the Bar Forum, if I can remember what I am there for when I get there
Bb

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online