Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#48914 - 10/23/04 08:01 AM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Subject: The Must-have tool for KN2600 and KN7000 owners* is released

Hello subscriber to my mail list,

Yes, the title may be bold. But it is literally quoted by our beta testers. First of all I like to thank the beta testers from the depth of my heart for their support, their friendship that we built and for making this release happening now. Without their testing the release would have been further delayed and less thoroughly tested. Read their testimonials below:

Testimonial 1
As a proud beta-tester of SDExplorer I'm pleased to see the publication of this nice program. SDExplorer is a must for all Technics KN7000 owners who use the SD-Card with the KN7000 and/or KN2600 keyboard. SDExplorer is just as easy to use as Windows Explorer, with copy/paste files, drag files, sort files, make new folders, delete folders, etc.
The "info file" KN7000/KN2600 uses is updated live, and the SD-Card is ready to use when you put it into your KN7000. Any SD-Card writer connected to your PC will work. This is what you have waited for.
Kenneth Gundersen, www.kn7000.net

Testimonial 2
SDExplorer - a really superb piece of software that is a pleasure to use.
This software has simplified the creation of new SD cards and transferring data between other cards. If you can manipulate data in Microsoft then you will have no trouble using this tool.
The SD-Card is ready to use when you put it into your KN7000. Any SD-Card writer connected to your PC will work. This software is what we have been waiting for.
Working on my PC I had three sources of data to copy/amalgamate - one folder on my PC and two separate SD cards in different USB ports and moved/copied them around in Windows.
I have no hesitation in recommending it.
Joan Banfield

Testimonial 3
I have owned every sxKN from the 800 to our great sxKN7000. All the great sounds and features make this the greatest ever. The SC card also has helped me in my performance because I use it professionally. I have purchased more cards than Joans and have been frustrated over the problems of "file management. There are so many things we can't do with Windows Explorer. My pleasant surprise is that I have been able to (1) RENAME (2) MOVE & COPY (3) BACKUP/RESTORE (3) IMPORT/EXPORT (4) SORT and last, and not least generate the index and print it of my song list in a nice rtf layout. My SD cards are at last let me organized the way I need them and this program is the answer to my prayers. I have no problem recommending that all the proud owners of the greatest Synth in the world, get this program.
Dewey Hodgkinson

Now go on and visit the site

http://KN-SDExplorer.has.it

[This message has been edited by fmlk4u (edited 10-23-2004).]

#48915 - 10/23/04 07:09 PM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
Please let us know when your program is complete and ready to be downloaded and used.

Sounds great!!

Larry Gosmeyer

#48916 - 10/24/04 07:33 AM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
fmlk4u Offline

Hi Larry,

Sorry, but a type in the URL link caused for short time the zip file to be downloaded. Now it works. The demo gives full functionality, however for a short period.
http://KN-SDExplorer.has.it/

Regards, Fred

#48917 - 10/24/04 03:15 PM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
Hi, I'd like to try your program, but I seem to have a problem. I downloaded the demo zip. It upzips to a file called SDExplorer.msi. Now what? I think I must need something else. Maybe I should know what it is, I guess I haven't followed all the conversation on the development of your program. I live in FL and had my mind on all the hurricanes that passed through my area....and haven't been following things as closely as I normally do.
I'd appreciate some help on how to get started.

Marilyn

#48918 - 10/24/04 11:12 PM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
fmlk4u Offline

Hello,

Sometimes it's hard to explain otehrs what is obvious for yourself That is what happened to me.

It is simple: after unpacking the zip to msi file just double-click this file to start installation.

An msi-file is a default installation file, like sometimes exe is used for automatic unpacking and then installing.

------------------
Kind Regards, Fred

#48919 - 10/25/04 11:57 AM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fred,

Gave her a test drive today and it is "WONDERFUL".
Being able to drag and drop folders and songs to new positions is great. I re-arranged my 128 completely in about a half hour. Doing this on the 7000 would have taken weeks.

Anyone with a 2600/7000 should spend the euro 39.95, register and if any blips show up we can all improve the program together.

Thanks for a great job at a very easy on the purse cost.

Fran in Florida

#48920 - 10/25/04 12:14 PM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
fmlk4u Offline

message from Joan:
Hi there - I see you have a mention on the Synthzone. He is asking a question about Drives.

Am I right in thinking that unless you are newly installing the software when it asks you for the Card drive, the software will read another Card reader as it would any other drive and therefore just putting the card into the reader allows you to read it.

It is quite time consuming working from two USB drives. I have restored three different cards to three separate Windows folders and have selected/discarded to my satisfaction to another folder and then use backup to PC then restore just the completed data to new SD card. It may take some time for users to accept that it can be done that way.

It took some reasoning to realise that you don't have to restore to an SD card - You can restore to a Folder in Windows.

Its an all new ball game.

my comment:
Before installing the tool it is wise to plug in your reader and find out which drive letter it occupies. Then you can enter that letter when asked during install. And yes, when people learn to move songs and folders between SDCard and hard drive, then a lot more is easy to understand: you can backup but also restore on hard disk and then drag the folders you like from hard disk to an initialized SDCard. Some card readers are slow via USB, compared with harddisk. So you could then restore an sdb file to your hard disk., open an SDExplorer instance for it, reshuffle, rename, move, copy on hard disk whatever you like. You could even restoren another sdb file on another location on hard disk and then open a second SDExplorer instance for that song tree. Now you can selectively merge the two trees together until you have the result tree you want on SD card. To do this, you can initialize an SD Card and then drag the folders on the SD Card one by one. Or you make a backup of the merged song tree and restore it on the SD-card.....
Many ways to Rome

------------------
Kind Regards, Fred

#48921 - 10/28/04 03:08 AM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
fmlk4u Offline

PayPal Problems

Hello all,

The launch/release of our tool started successful. However after the first three days suddenly there was a hickup: suddenly it seemed that obtaining the license by PayPal payment fails. "Luckily" some of you notified that to me by email. So I submitted several complaints to PayPal.

One of the problems can be your email address. Occasionally I get postmaster delivery error messages when I tried to reply email to people who registered. Because of privacy reasons I cannot list the email addresses that don't work. So be sure that you use a proper email address that works.

I also noticed that many people do multiple registrations. I assume that they retry the purchasing. Therefore I have created a new "Buy Now" button directly on the "home page". So now you can retry the PayPal procedure without having to register again.
But also becasue the button is on the main page instead of re-directed page, I hope that PayPal process is now successful. We have to see....

http://KN-SDExplorer.has.it

Please send me email if you tried to purchase the license via this new button and think it didn't work. Maybe you can also file a complaint at PayPal, because it's their fault that after three days suddenly the system doesn't work anymore!!!

Thanks for your cooperation. I dearly hope that it works again. In the mean time we work on enhancements, tutorial page with FAQ and tips and tricks.

------------------
Kind Regards, Fred

#48922 - 10/28/04 08:50 AM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
Sapphire Online   content

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
Fred
I have used and registered SD-Explorer and it really is an absolute must for anyone with aTechnics and an SD card. Well worth the registration fee.
However, I may have found a small problem. When I filled a 128Mb card all the folders and styles etc. could be accessed on the KN7000 as normal but not in alphabet mode. I left the card in the slot and saved in technics format which cured the problem completely. Is this a problem with the software or do you expect it to perform this way.
I know this sounds like I am complaining but I am not. SD-Explorer is worth every cent and more if only for the time it saves.

Alan

#48923 - 10/28/04 09:29 AM Re: The KN-SD-Explorer Development progress
fmlk4u Offline

Reply from PayPal

For all who have difficulty making the purchase of the license, here is a reply I got on one of my 5 complaints

Dear Fred Mellink,

Thank you for contacting PayPal. We apologize for the delay in
responding to your service request.

If your customers are having trouble sending you payments, more than
likely the problem is regarding their account and not yours. Please
advise those that are having problems to contact PayPal so we can
better assist them with their problems.

Thanks again for writing, and thank you for being part of the PayPal
community.

PayPal (Europe) Limited is authorized and regulated by the Financial
Services Authority in the United Kingdom as an electronic money
institution.