SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#454346 - 07/05/18 08:34 PM Re: 88-key arrangers [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
The Varrange with the lates sound sets sound as good as the TOTL arenagers curently available..
In speaking of a TOTL, that's quite a compliment for vArranger coming from someone who knows gear and I agree with you. I know that you've been saying quite often about a TOTL 88 key arranger. It dawned on me that if there is an 88 key arranger, it will be probably too bulky with all the buttons and knobs. You know how most arranger keyboards are pretty deep.

I find vArranger a lot easier to work with than any hardware arranger. With one or two midi controllers, it can be so flexible. For instance, I use a small $12 Bluetooth QWERTY keyboard to call up a number of functions or sounds - just as many functions or sounds as there are keys on the QWERTY keyboard. I attach the Bluetooth keyboard on the grille of my accordion and call up sounds/functions wireless. Or if I play a digital piano, I use a little bigger QWERTY keyboard.

Recently, a vA user named Bluebeat posted on the vA forum about Synthfont. He asked the owner of Synthfont if he would add features to Synthfont so that it could handle large banks and multiple files (soundfonts). The program has started working on it and there is a beta version. The program is only 15 Euros. So I purchased it and I believe it will really enhance vA for recording and live performance. There are some excellent soundfonts out there.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#454347 - 07/05/18 08:51 PM Re: 88-key arrangers [Re: Vadim]
Vadim Offline

I heard demos of varranger with Ketron sd2, those sounded ok,
but all the other sf2 soundfonts and varranger internal sounds are not that great.

#454348 - 07/05/18 09:31 PM Re: 88-key arrangers [Re: Vadim]
Torch Offline

#454349 - 07/05/18 09:33 PM Re: 88-key arrangers [Re: Torch]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Torch
Originally Posted By Bachus
The Varrange with the lates sound sets sound as good as the TOTL arenagers curently available..
In speaking of a TOTL, that's quite a compliment for vArranger coming from someone who knows gear and I agree with you. I know that you've been saying quite often about a TOTL 88 key arranger. It dawned on me that if there is an 88 key arranger, it will be probably too bulky with all the buttons and knobs. You know how most arranger keyboards are pretty deep.

I find vArranger a lot easier to work with than any hardware arranger. With one or two midi controllers, it can be so flexible. For instance, I use a small $12 Bluetooth QWERTY keyboard to call up a number of functions or sounds - just as many functions or sounds as there are keys on the QWERTY keyboard. I attach the Bluetooth keyboard on the grille of my accordion and call up sounds/functions wireless. Or if I play a digital piano, I use a little bigger QWERTY keyboard.

Recently, a vA user named Bluebeat posted on the vA forum about Synthfont. He asked the owner of Synthfont if he would add features to Synthfont so that it could handle large banks and multiple files (soundfonts). The program has started working on it and there is a beta version. The program is only 15 Euros. So I purchased it and I believe it will really enhance vA for recording and live performance. There are some excellent soundfonts out there.

The strong point of Varranger remains, that you can use VST's, for the widest sound quallity and choice of sounds... this allows you to add some depth where you need it.

Having a good sound set is just the beginning...

What in my eyes makes Varranger still a 2nd choice is thats it missing all those buttons and direct controll, and i think that there for it could never become as comfortable to me as a hardware arranger like the pa4x or Genos where every button is on the right place.. and gives you the direct controll you need.

I am still considering going back to a single 88 key however, being my Kronos(or a nord stage) combined with a Ketron SD90 and my mainstage/VST Macbook.

Having the Nord stage for example, with SD90 in the middle on top of it in an almost vertical position (20 degrees) sounds like the closest thing to an 88 key totl solution..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#454352 - 07/06/18 04:05 AM Re: 88-key arrangers [Re: Vadim]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
I try to put videos from user here
https://www.facebook.com/vArranger

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#454353 - 07/06/18 08:07 AM Re: 88-key arrangers [Re: Vadim]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have owned vARRANGER from day one, and I want to say that Dan, not only has made the program what it is today, but has personally helped me on numerous occasions. I am a big supporter of Dan and vARRANGER.

Bernie

#454500 - 07/10/18 07:19 PM Re: 88-key arrangers [Re: Torch]
Vadim Offline

Not too bad. Better than the demos I found.
Any idea what sound modules were used in those examples ?

#454503 - 07/10/18 08:48 PM Re: 88-key arrangers [Re: Vadim]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Vadim

Not too bad. Better than the demos I found.
Any idea what sound modules were used in those examples ?

They dont use any module
Those are sounds of the build in sound engine in Varranger..
V-arranger comes at 350€
Soundsets for each brand comes at €100

Module or external sound source is an option but no longer required

#454506 - 07/10/18 11:19 PM Re: 88-key arrangers [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

These are Ketron SD9 soundfonts. Somebody sampled his own SD9. Sorry I didn't include the source in my previous post.

Here's the link.
https://www.varranger.com/vforum/index.php/topic,3612.msg28631.html#msg28631

Dan's own sounds are very good, too but they are "proprietary" in that they can be used only in vArranger.

#454512 - 07/11/18 05:03 AM Re: 88-key arrangers [Re: Torch]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Torch
These are Ketron SD9 soundfonts. Somebody sampled his own SD9. Sorry I didn't include the source in my previous post.

Here's the link.
https://www.varranger.com/vforum/index.php/topic,3612.msg28631.html#msg28631

Dan's own sounds are very good, too but they are "proprietary" in that they can be used only in vArranger.

Offcourse they are proprietary, we all know how much work is involved in a sampling job like this...

Altough sampling robot is a huge step forward... where it comes to saving time.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online