SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#454462 - 07/10/18 03:10 AM Buying Arrangers Without Physically Trying ?
MusicalMemories Offline

Loc: Arbroath,Angus,Scotland
How many of you had to buy an arranger without physically trying it in a music shop. A lot of music shops where I am don't sell Arrangers apart from the odd Casio.

#454463 - 07/10/18 03:22 AM Re: Buying Arrangers Without Physically Trying ? [Re: MusicalMemories]
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
I bought all of my arrangers from american musical supply and have always been happy with them. Yamaha 3000, yamaha s910, and korg pa900 and pa1000. also like them for one year free financing at no charge and free shipping and no taxes.
Can,t beat that deal.
MEL

#454464 - 07/10/18 03:27 AM Re: Buying Arrangers Without Physically Trying ? [Re: MusicalMemories]
MusicalMemories Offline

Loc: Arbroath,Angus,Scotland
Both my Korgs were purchased having never owned a Korg and not actually tried them. I had watched some videos on YouTube that was about it.

#454465 - 07/10/18 05:19 AM Re: Buying Arrangers Without Physically Trying ? [Re: MusicalMemories]
Dnj Offline

The days years ago of going to a music store and spending a few hours in their "PRO" Room auditioning all the keyboards on the market are essentially over as the internet has taken over and most stores have hardly nothing on a pro lever arranger wise.. Pretty much You tube and discussion forums are all we have left to try to "PRE" audition.
It's pretty much watch online, talk to people, Buy, Try, Keep or Return. Then again arranger kb wise there isn't much left to choose from anymore that makes it easier too. Choose wisely for Your Needs and enjoy. Personally I have only bought everything from Frank at Audioworksct & can't say enough good things about him & his business and service thru the years,...TOP Notch all the way!!

#454467 - 07/10/18 05:30 AM Re: Buying Arrangers Without Physically Trying ? [Re: MusicalMemories]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I have bought most of the arrangers I've owned (Technics then Yamaha) w/o having a chance to try them "in person". Overall have always been satisfied with the purchases ... I do remember the days YEARS ago (before I started playing arrangers) when I could go to a local shop and play the latest keyboard from Yamaha, Korg, Roland, etc. then make a decision and buy one at the shop. Not so easy any more esp. with arrangers. I do have 2 local shops that have a pretty good selection of keyboards, but the only arrangers they have are the very low end ones. . .

Jim (in North Carolina, USA)

#454478 - 07/10/18 11:00 AM Re: Buying Arrangers Without Physically Trying ? [Re: MusicalMemories]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
When I was shopping for a korg pa500, the closest I could find was a pa50 in Sam ash. Wanted the musikant model and had to order from Thomann in Germany- terrific retailer btw. Ended up great deal, all went smoothly and I was happy.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online