SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#436126 - 08/17/17 03:29 AM Genos Rumors
Bachus Offline

This rumor/opinion was posted on a french forum ...

On the French forum, Maarten from PSR tutorial found a nice summary from someone called Olivier. It contains a few interesting new bits of rumors/guesses/information, and because I find it a nice overview and it resonates as true to me, I am reposting it here (translated from French by Google Translate):

==== BEGIN ====
Hello, I am registered since yesterday on this forum and what led me to register, it is mainly this topic on the Genos.

In terms of important information, there is no more Tyros available at Thomann. It's a sign. We all know that the Genos will be officially presented on September 18 in Berlin and that 400 lucky guys, among the biggest European dealers will be able to discover it. Its availability will come in November and will be immediate, throughout Europe on the same date. You do not have to cross borders to have it before everyone else.

I have carefully reviewed the 19 pages of this post and in the end, the speculation is going well (we have the same concerning the iPhone 8 and its derivatives). It should be noted that the average age of buyers of Tyros, all models combined, Is about 62 years. These customers do not raise the hood and most ignore what an oscillator or how much polyphony it features. Very few users modify the original settings of the sounds, the reverb remains as it is, and if it does not fit, they will look for another sound with a different setting. Very few of them read the music and are thrilled to launch a style of rock and roll by changing chords with one finger.

To make an easy comparison, I do not need to be a writer to write a book. I can do it by typing gently with 2 or 3 fingers, and in the end you will read my article (which you like or not), without knowing if I am typing at 120 words / minute.

So the Tyros were designed to be unpacked, Plugged in and make music directly by pressing only 2 keys. The family is around and the pianist-hero shows what he can do, he's in control, he's jubilant and that, Yamaha has understood it better than the others.
So there was no reason to reinvent the wheel. What is certain is that the Tyros lineage was running out of steam and it would have been a serious mistake to keep this name by changing a number again to go to 6. Be aware that as soon as a keyboard, arranger or not appears , Each brand buys it and the decortic from top to bottom, do you think for a moment that Yamaha does not know how a Korg PA-4X or a Roland BK-9 works? They must take the best of each competitor and adapt it to their sauce so as not to plagiarize the buddies.

The look will change, That is certain and will be inspired by the Montage (you suspect, do not you?). There will be no Montage in it, it would have been ridiculous but there will be some "inspirations", as in their time the Motive for the Tyros. They have algorithms and technology and will use some of it on Genos (I would have done the same).

We go on: the touchscreen? Of course, it's obvious ...

So what's new? Well, Yamaha introduces an innovation, and this one, you will not find it anywhere else: an opening to third-party applications. But what is this stuff?
Before, there was only Yamaha that could change the way the Tyros work. (However, there have been some trials, but it went by noon and it was complicated to implement). Some developers will be able to access a system development kit (SDK) allowing them to enter the bowels of the beast to develop specific applications. For the first year, the exclusivity will go to Apple, in other words, you can only use one device of that brand. The Androids will have to wait 1 year (yes I know, I hear you scream, you who are on Samsung).

For short, you can buy on the Apple Store cheap apps that will allow you to do a trick not implemented by Yamaha, such as access all its styles on a single screen, have a replica of the Music Finder on iPad, Or create your "Gala" folder and schedule your evening event in advance. We also think of the scrolling of lyrics on audio and many other things. There will also be a great app connected to a Taser that will send 150000 volts in the buttocks of the accordionist you accompany, every time he eats a measure. (Good there, I admit it is not won).

For the rest, it's really innovative, do not you think?

I do not want to polemic while playing the upstart who knows everything but I can assure you that I have my sources and that they are reliable. For the record, I also created a forum specifically dedicated to Tyros (with 2,300 members). It's not advertising in disguise, it's just to say that I am sometimes well informed.

Prices will be closer to 4000 € than 5000 €. We are still in a period of crisis, let us not forget.

Have a great day.

Olivier from Nice
==== END ====

http://keyszone.boards.net

#436129 - 08/17/17 05:53 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The dealers already know what it contains as they were shown it earlier this year, so apart from confirming launch details I doubt if there will be anything new.
The age is probably about right, as is the information about editing, however, to say that most uses stick to 1 finger chord trigger and can’t read music is a complete and absolute total nonsense as most have come from organs where chord play and reading music is common. (Yamaha even has teaching systems for their arrangers)
Producing an SDK is something they should have done ages ago, and if true will really bring Yamaha into the 21st century, that Apple is mentioned is logical as most Yamaha external software for their instruments are for Apple Tablets.
Touchscreen again should have been added years ago, so if correct is a welcome improvement.
As to whether the information is accurate, we’ll those that have seen it had to sign an NDA and most would not be prepared to break it, as it means they could lose the Yamaha franchise, (Which is very lucrative) so best to take with a pinch of salt and treat it as possible/probabilities rather than fact.
It will probably be a surprise, but probably not as people think.
Expect plenty more rumours and so called facts as the launch gets closer.
Bill

#436130 - 08/17/17 06:07 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

if rumor is true?....why on God's green earth would the alienate the millions of Android tablet users by only going with Apple?
also I am sure they don't want to "Over TECH" the new unit so that most of their home player base see it as too difficult to use?
I hope it's a big success for Yamaha!

That said I love my KORG Pa4x... keys

#436131 - 08/17/17 07:13 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
if rumor is true?....why on God's green earth would the alienate the millions of Android tablet users by only going with Apple?
also I am sure they don't want to "Over TECH" the new unit so that most of their home player base see it as too difficult to use?
I hope it's a big success for Yamaha!

That said I love my KORG Pa4x... keys

Several reasons... why not only Yamaha but most other professional products stick to ipad

- piracy, google still has not taken serious measyres to reduce piracy on android
- ipad owners actually buy things on ios, androi owners dont, apple users spend more then 100 times as much then android users
- the apple development kit, including support from apple is much much better and efficient then the android de elopment kit
- apple has no hardware diversity, the sdk take care of that, on android programmers need to program for all the different devices.. sepperately which is a time and resource hog.
- apple upgrades all their devices for atleast 5 years on ayearly base, android devices get one update at best, so on apple yamaha needs to support a single version for the latest ios version, where on android it needs to support different versions for several software versions
-all this makes android development more then 2 times as expensive as ios development.
Dont blame Yamaha for not supporting android, blame google for the chaos they created. Google should improve their development kit, brands that sell android should be forced to upgrade to the latest version for several years for all their products..

Now, i dont want to make this an android versus ios discussion, but its google you need to blame, investing in android does not cut it financially, its much much more expensive to build and maintain apps on android, while the revenue is much much lower.

Users, dont see this, they only see two operating systems which are pretty much comparable... however for professional companies its a different thing.

Another thing, people dont seem to realise, is that when converting an app from ios to android, it needs to be developed totally again from the ground up, different programming languages and code and sdk...

Edited by Bachus (08/17/17 07:54 AM)

#436133 - 08/17/17 07:18 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
The dealers already know what it contains as they were shown it earlier this year, so apart from confirming launch details I doubt if there will be anything new.
The age is probably about right, as is the information about editing, however, to say that most uses stick to 1 finger chord trigger and can’t read music is a complete and absolute total nonsense as most have come from organs where chord play and reading music is common. (Yamaha even has teaching systems for their arrangers)
Producing an SDK is something they should have done ages ago, and if true will really bring Yamaha into the 21st century, that Apple is mentioned is logical as most Yamaha external software for their instruments are for Apple Tablets.
Touchscreen again should have been added years ago, so if correct is a welcome improvement.
As to whether the information is accurate, we’ll those that have seen it had to sign an NDA and most would not be prepared to break it, as it means they could lose the Yamaha franchise, (Which is very lucrative) so best to take with a pinch of salt and treat it as possible/probabilities rather than fact.
It will probably be a surprise, but probably not as people think.
Expect plenty more rumours and so called facts as the launch gets closer.
Bill

Bill, yamaha dealers are tightlipped with any information... about specs and features... this is actually the first possible nda breach i have seen..

I am a firm believer that the namechange tyros to genos indicates huge change... i also agree with your assesment that there could be truth in this message..

By the end of September we should know what the Genos is all about

#436137 - 08/17/17 08:17 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
Tyrosman5 Offline

Interesting info. Time will tell if this is true or just speculation. Lloyd

#436201 - 08/18/17 06:21 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

maybe a September release, then a Winter Namm 2018 showing, Musikmesse, etc,
and in the stores by early spring....?

#436219 - 08/18/17 08:53 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
maybe a September release, then a Winter Namm 2018 showing, Musikmesse, etc,
and in the stores by early spring....?

According to inside information on psr tutorial, a september announcement, and oktober in shops all around europe

Winter Namm for a new arranger? Nah, that would definately be the wrong place to get the press you want with a new areanger.. thats why Yamaha is doing an event in September..

#436223 - 08/18/17 09:15 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

goodbye motif/tyros hello montage/genos

in a weird way I'm cautiously curious with no excitement or intentions of purchasing.

#436229 - 08/18/17 10:07 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

in a weird way I'm cautiously curious with no excitement or intentions of purchasing.

I am seriously curious and excited, naking ny expectations so high i allready know i will be dissapointed.... and so i have no intentions of purchasing

#436233 - 08/18/17 10:36 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Dnj

i allready know i will be dissapointed....

I agree bachus Now thats being a realist especially with yamahas track record..

Edited by Dnj (08/18/17 10:36 AM)

#436569 - 08/27/17 03:35 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Dnj]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Next month we wil know . . . . . . . . . . :-) keys

#436573 - 08/27/17 06:59 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

August 26, 2017
September is almost upon us and the launch of the new Genos is coming closer and closer. Yamaha still hasn’t revealed any details, so both players and merchants keep on guessing and editing their whishlists.
So did A&C Hamilton and they wrote an nice article about it.

https://www.achamilton.co.uk/Tyros5/Tyros6.htm

#436599 - 08/27/17 12:46 PM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
August 26, 2017
September is almost upon us and the launch of the new Genos is coming closer and closer. Yamaha still hasn’t revealed any details, so both players and merchants keep on guessing and editing their whishlists.
So did A&C Hamilton and they wrote an nice article about it.

https://www.achamilton.co.uk/Tyros5/Tyros6.htm

Yamaha almost never releases details...

#436600 - 08/27/17 01:01 PM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

But they do release teasers ......probably after labor day hoiday

#436608 - 08/27/17 06:31 PM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
I found the following on another forum:

"My name is Hermann and I'm from Germany. The german homepage of Yamaha (Yamaha.de) informs us, that starting November 6/2017 there will be nationwide, daily keyboard presentations. Yamahas event list also shows the specific locations and the keyboard presenters. By the names of the presenters it is absolutely clear, that the successor of TYROS5 will be disclosed. I thought this would be of interest to you! There is however no hint, what the name of the new key will be :)))))
I will see the new flagship at my dealer on Nov 8/2017.

With best Regards
Hermann."

Not much longer to wait! However, for some of us, even a couple of months can seem a long time!

#436609 - 08/27/17 06:35 PM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Just on time for winter Namm

#436613 - 08/27/17 08:51 PM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Just on time for winter Namm

Wimter Namm, is absolutely non interesting for any arranger brand.

It will be shown in September, in stock in Oktober and shows will start in November.. i domt see a relation to winternamm at all..

#436616 - 08/28/17 03:46 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Bachus: I beg to differ on NAMM not being a excellent platform for showing off the new Yamaha Arranger. I believe it was Keith Jarrett who bought a Tyros 4 off the NAMM floor upon it's release. For a purist such as he...to purchase an arranger keyboard was quite a statement.

NAMM may not be the best platform for an arranger, but with the hype that's gone into this particular keyboard...Yamaha will more than likely show it off with all it's glory...if there is any.

#436618 - 08/28/17 04:33 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Winter Namm is a world stage for products......Genos will be the star for yamaha for sure..

#436623 - 08/28/17 06:54 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Winter Namm is a world stage for products......Genos will be the star for yamaha for sure..

4 years ago the new Tyros 5 was st uffed away in a forgotten corner of the Yamaha boot, what has changed in the last 4years? I dont see it.

#436635 - 08/28/17 01:06 PM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
Tyrosman5 Offline

Bachus,
Saying you have NO intentions of purchasing might be true at the time you said this but you are a person who loves keyboards and
high tech. so If the Genos is the board they say it is you will
be tempted just like the rest of us. Lloyd

#436638 - 08/28/17 09:38 PM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Tyrosman5]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Tyrosman5
Bachus,
Saying you have NO intentions of purchasing might be true at the time you said this but you are a person who loves keyboards and
high tech. so If the Genos is the board they say it is you will
be tempted just like the rest of us. Lloyd

If it fits all my needs, so i can go back from a dual keyboard setup to a single keyboard setup, then i will bite for sure...

However i dont see this happen.. Currently my setup fullfills all my needs and wants and more... Espescially the 88 key part...

Altough having a GENOS 6 GENOS 7 and GENOS 8 would bring Genos more in line with the naming of their other professional produts

Edited by Bachus (08/28/17 09:40 PM)

#436665 - 08/29/17 01:58 PM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
mweuch Offline

When Yamaha announces their new flagship keyboards, when do they usually available for purchase in the states after announcement? I haven't used any Yamaha PSRs or Tyros since 2004 as I have been using korg PA mainly but I might switched up to Yamaha this time depends on the sounds and features. Thanks

#436673 - 08/30/17 04:03 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
Tyrosman5 Offline

November is usually the time when the Yamaha goes on sale to the
public. Sept. is dealer showtime, October is release of Yamaha to
the public. That's been true in the past but who knows what they will actually do. Lloyd

#436674 - 08/30/17 04:05 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
Tyrosman5 Offline

the public. That's been true in the past but who knows what they will actually do. Lloyd

#436710 - 08/30/17 10:20 PM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Tyrosman5]
mweuch Offline

Originally Posted By Tyrosman5

Thank you Lloyd!

#436720 - 08/31/17 09:30 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
mc2pereira Offline

Loc: Campo Grande, MS, BRASIL
Will it proceed?

Will it proceed?

#436741 - 08/31/17 11:13 PM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Since Yamaha shifted direction with the Motif into the Montage... it would only make sense for them to do a similar shift from Tyros to "Genos" or I should say "insert name here."

Yamaha is good at creating something great but leaving enough missing to create this need, want, and desire for more. Give out some golden eggs but never give the goose away!!

I just bought a new digital mixer... Yamaha TF1. On the 31 band EQs on the Aux 1-8 and main stereo bus out, you can only use 12 of the 31 bands. Yamaha makes EQs. One day, I'm going to need to tweak that 13th band and I will be out of luck.

This new board will sound fantastic! A lot of R&D went into this... BUT If they lean too much on iOS to make it do certain things... if they tell you everyone is sequencing in a DAW on a computer and take out the sequencer... if they limit the FX engines... if they don't expand the polyphony enough... THEN I will be disappointed and will have to wait 2 years for an OS update or 4 years (2022) for the GENOS 2!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#436977 - 09/05/17 06:01 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

I heard a new rumor all older Yamaha styles will NOT be compatible with the new alleged so called Genos because of newer technology used..?

Edited by Dnj (09/05/17 06:02 AM)

#436980 - 09/05/17 06:19 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
In that case, I couldn't believe they wouldn't provide a converter of some kind. Too many legacy styles for Yamaha to abandon them.

Edited by W Tracy Parnell (09/05/17 06:19 AM)

#436983 - 09/05/17 06:43 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell
In that case, I couldn't believe they wouldn't provide a converter of some kind. Too many legacy styles for Yamaha to abandon them.

I'm not surprised as they want to go in a totally new direction....technology rules.. players who like the old styles can use a Tyros 5 etc..

#436994 - 09/05/17 08:34 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
I heard a new rumor all older Yamaha styles will NOT be compatible with the new alleged so called Genos because of newer technology used..?

The rumor says, there will be a new style format... older keyboards will not be compatible with this new style format...

It nowhere says that the Genos will not support the old styles, which is something totally different... Genos will support other file types..

This rumor as stated by me comes from psr tutorial forums...

The rumor you state was born there also by people that have a hard time reading things..

#436995 - 09/05/17 08:39 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Dnj

The other way is understandable and reasonable, new styleformat will not load into models before "Genos",
but I doubt Yamaha will put the new flagship on the market without make compability for load i.e Tyros and PSR styles.

If what you heard is correct, I think they aim for other usergroup than "TYROSERS".
How many Tyros / PSR users do you think will go for a swap if so?
Yamaha want to sell big numbers, so my guess is that there will be software to convert.
Onboard or as PC addon.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#436996 - 09/05/17 08:42 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

If Yamaha goes that route I can understand as at some point NEW things have to be created even if it means no more OLD Style compatibility and it has to be replaced by something else that could be even better.....maybe they don't want to be stuck in the old anymore & are thinking outside the box....no one knows for sure..
we'll see in a few weeks.....either way I love my Pa4x.

#437000 - 09/05/17 09:16 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
If, for any reason, Yamaha decides to make a new keyboard that will not play styles from older Yamaha keyboards it would put me completely out of the market for that new keyboard. Some of us have spent a decade or more building gig sets and song styles we use for gigs and to start completely all over is a complete deal killer for me.

If they really do offer such a keyboard it will sure put business in Korg's and Ketron's pocket.
I doubt Yamaha is really that stupid.

Deane

#437011 - 09/05/17 10:56 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
.....either way I love my Pa4x.

... marking the time and date. Taking bets.

#437013 - 09/05/17 10:59 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By hammer
If, for any reason, Yamaha decides to make a new keyboard that will not play styles from older Yamaha keyboards it would put me completely out of the market for that new keyboard. Some of us have spent a decade or more building gig sets and song styles we use for gigs and to start completely all over is a complete deal killer for me.

If they really do offer such a keyboard it will sure put business in Korg's and Ketron's pocket.
I doubt Yamaha is really that stupid.

Deane

Deane but I thought you were all set now with your SD7s? confused1

That said, that's maybe they want to get away from all that OLDER stuff and create a new young world of arranger styles especially for the new generation..

Edited by Dnj (09/05/17 11:08 AM)

#437020 - 09/05/17 11:39 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
If that's the case, they may think they have saturated the OLDER market, and that would be a grave mistake.

#437021 - 09/05/17 11:44 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
If that's the case, they may think they have saturated the OLDER market, and that would be a grave mistake.

They need to look into the future and go forward not backwards....they have exhausted their Tyros theme over and over again
...time for something new wouldn't you say? lets not forget how techics left their loyals hanging with their you know what in their hands?...Money is all they care about simple as that.
Its just business.

#437032 - 09/05/17 01:09 PM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I have been invited to a private showing adn training of a new keyboard from Yamaha, (only 50 invites went out to selected dealers), Martin Harris will be one of the demonstrators, I was also told there will be some new technology not found in any other keyboard as of yet.

I guess we will all find out soon, what Yamaha has up their sleeves. I'll keep everyone posted

#437034 - 09/05/17 01:50 PM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Great news Frank thanks we all eagerly await with bated breath.

#437035 - 09/05/17 02:34 PM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: frankieve]
Mikem Offline

Frank, what date will the private showing be?

Thanks! smile

#437038 - 09/05/17 03:29 PM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: frankieve]
fjs714 Offline

Frankie,
It's good to be the King!!!

#437039 - 09/05/17 05:51 PM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Neat!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#437040 - 09/05/17 06:16 PM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
mweuch Offline

I am hoping Yamaha let Stephen Kay implementing his KARMA software into the new GENOS! That would be like genos overdosed on steroids. Still don’t get why KORG wouldn’t let him implemented it onto the Korg PAs back then when he was with Korg. Lets do this YAMAHA!

#437101 - 09/06/17 05:02 PM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
sept 28th

#437103 - 09/06/17 05:27 PM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: frankieve]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By frankieve
sept 28th

clap

#437112 - 09/06/17 08:42 PM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
But it's only September 7th... we have to wait 21 days for the private secret showing of this new Yamaha keyboard?!? Oh my!!!!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#437113 - 09/06/17 08:42 PM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: frankieve]
Mikem Offline

Thanks very much, Frank!

#437114 - 09/06/17 08:43 PM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: frankieve]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By frankieve
sept 28th

Thank you, sir! smile

#437124 - 09/07/17 04:39 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: mweuch]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By mweuch
I am hoping Yamaha let Stephen Kay implementing his KARMA software into the new GENOS! That would be like genos overdosed on steroids. Still don’t get why KORG wouldn’t let him implemented it onto the Korg PAs back then when he was with Korg. Lets do this YAMAHA!

Stephen was never with Korg, he allways was a private contractor.. he has allways been the sole owner of Karma

Thats why he was able to create a Motif version of Karma..

And thats why we will soon see a VST host/instrument for Karma

Korg Italy decided back then that arranger players have no use for Karma(or arpeggiators) they must have seen they are wrong after the live knobs and arps on the psr s970, thats why they added some nice things to the pa4x lately..

#437127 - 09/07/17 04:56 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Do we even know for sure that the new keyboard Frank has been invited to see is even an arranger? Although it probably is, do we know that for sure? Has anyone seen that verified anywhere (from an official source)? Just askin'.

chas

#437130 - 09/07/17 05:14 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
Tyrosman5 Offline

Thanks Frank, you are the ONLY dealer who really keeps Synthzone up to date. You will be writing up lots of orders for the new
Yamaha !! Best to you, Lloyd

#437131 - 09/07/17 05:19 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Tyrosman5]
Dnj Offline

Thank goodness after Sept 28th no more rumors lol
as Uncle Dave would say

"Please Make It Stop" confused2

#437153 - 09/07/17 09:18 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
If Martin Harris is present, does that increase the likelihood that it’s an arranger? Or, not necessarily so? Is he not the main man for Yamaha arrangers?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online