SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#436126 - 08/17/17 03:29 AM Genos Rumors
Bachus Offline

This rumor/opinion was posted on a french forum ...

On the French forum, Maarten from PSR tutorial found a nice summary from someone called Olivier. It contains a few interesting new bits of rumors/guesses/information, and because I find it a nice overview and it resonates as true to me, I am reposting it here (translated from French by Google Translate):

==== BEGIN ====
Hello, I am registered since yesterday on this forum and what led me to register, it is mainly this topic on the Genos.

In terms of important information, there is no more Tyros available at Thomann. It's a sign. We all know that the Genos will be officially presented on September 18 in Berlin and that 400 lucky guys, among the biggest European dealers will be able to discover it. Its availability will come in November and will be immediate, throughout Europe on the same date. You do not have to cross borders to have it before everyone else.

I have carefully reviewed the 19 pages of this post and in the end, the speculation is going well (we have the same concerning the iPhone 8 and its derivatives). It should be noted that the average age of buyers of Tyros, all models combined, Is about 62 years. These customers do not raise the hood and most ignore what an oscillator or how much polyphony it features. Very few users modify the original settings of the sounds, the reverb remains as it is, and if it does not fit, they will look for another sound with a different setting. Very few of them read the music and are thrilled to launch a style of rock and roll by changing chords with one finger.

To make an easy comparison, I do not need to be a writer to write a book. I can do it by typing gently with 2 or 3 fingers, and in the end you will read my article (which you like or not), without knowing if I am typing at 120 words / minute.

So the Tyros were designed to be unpacked, Plugged in and make music directly by pressing only 2 keys. The family is around and the pianist-hero shows what he can do, he's in control, he's jubilant and that, Yamaha has understood it better than the others.
So there was no reason to reinvent the wheel. What is certain is that the Tyros lineage was running out of steam and it would have been a serious mistake to keep this name by changing a number again to go to 6. Be aware that as soon as a keyboard, arranger or not appears , Each brand buys it and the decortic from top to bottom, do you think for a moment that Yamaha does not know how a Korg PA-4X or a Roland BK-9 works? They must take the best of each competitor and adapt it to their sauce so as not to plagiarize the buddies.

The look will change, That is certain and will be inspired by the Montage (you suspect, do not you?). There will be no Montage in it, it would have been ridiculous but there will be some "inspirations", as in their time the Motive for the Tyros. They have algorithms and technology and will use some of it on Genos (I would have done the same).

We go on: the touchscreen? Of course, it's obvious ...

So what's new? Well, Yamaha introduces an innovation, and this one, you will not find it anywhere else: an opening to third-party applications. But what is this stuff?
Before, there was only Yamaha that could change the way the Tyros work. (However, there have been some trials, but it went by noon and it was complicated to implement). Some developers will be able to access a system development kit (SDK) allowing them to enter the bowels of the beast to develop specific applications. For the first year, the exclusivity will go to Apple, in other words, you can only use one device of that brand. The Androids will have to wait 1 year (yes I know, I hear you scream, you who are on Samsung).

For short, you can buy on the Apple Store cheap apps that will allow you to do a trick not implemented by Yamaha, such as access all its styles on a single screen, have a replica of the Music Finder on iPad, Or create your "Gala" folder and schedule your evening event in advance. We also think of the scrolling of lyrics on audio and many other things. There will also be a great app connected to a Taser that will send 150000 volts in the buttocks of the accordionist you accompany, every time he eats a measure. (Good there, I admit it is not won).

For the rest, it's really innovative, do not you think?

I do not want to polemic while playing the upstart who knows everything but I can assure you that I have my sources and that they are reliable. For the record, I also created a forum specifically dedicated to Tyros (with 2,300 members). It's not advertising in disguise, it's just to say that I am sometimes well informed.

Prices will be closer to 4000 € than 5000 €. We are still in a period of crisis, let us not forget.

Have a great day.

Olivier from Nice
==== END ====

http://keyszone.boards.net

#436129 - 08/17/17 05:53 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The dealers already know what it contains as they were shown it earlier this year, so apart from confirming launch details I doubt if there will be anything new.
The age is probably about right, as is the information about editing, however, to say that most uses stick to 1 finger chord trigger and can’t read music is a complete and absolute total nonsense as most have come from organs where chord play and reading music is common. (Yamaha even has teaching systems for their arrangers)
Producing an SDK is something they should have done ages ago, and if true will really bring Yamaha into the 21st century, that Apple is mentioned is logical as most Yamaha external software for their instruments are for Apple Tablets.
Touchscreen again should have been added years ago, so if correct is a welcome improvement.
As to whether the information is accurate, we’ll those that have seen it had to sign an NDA and most would not be prepared to break it, as it means they could lose the Yamaha franchise, (Which is very lucrative) so best to take with a pinch of salt and treat it as possible/probabilities rather than fact.
It will probably be a surprise, but probably not as people think.
Expect plenty more rumours and so called facts as the launch gets closer.
Bill

#436130 - 08/17/17 06:07 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

if rumor is true?....why on God's green earth would the alienate the millions of Android tablet users by only going with Apple?
also I am sure they don't want to "Over TECH" the new unit so that most of their home player base see it as too difficult to use?
I hope it's a big success for Yamaha!

That said I love my KORG Pa4x... keys

#436131 - 08/17/17 07:13 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
if rumor is true?....why on God's green earth would the alienate the millions of Android tablet users by only going with Apple?
also I am sure they don't want to "Over TECH" the new unit so that most of their home player base see it as too difficult to use?
I hope it's a big success for Yamaha!

That said I love my KORG Pa4x... keys

Several reasons... why not only Yamaha but most other professional products stick to ipad

- piracy, google still has not taken serious measyres to reduce piracy on android
- ipad owners actually buy things on ios, androi owners dont, apple users spend more then 100 times as much then android users
- the apple development kit, including support from apple is much much better and efficient then the android de elopment kit
- apple has no hardware diversity, the sdk take care of that, on android programmers need to program for all the different devices.. sepperately which is a time and resource hog.
- apple upgrades all their devices for atleast 5 years on ayearly base, android devices get one update at best, so on apple yamaha needs to support a single version for the latest ios version, where on android it needs to support different versions for several software versions
-all this makes android development more then 2 times as expensive as ios development.
Dont blame Yamaha for not supporting android, blame google for the chaos they created. Google should improve their development kit, brands that sell android should be forced to upgrade to the latest version for several years for all their products..

Now, i dont want to make this an android versus ios discussion, but its google you need to blame, investing in android does not cut it financially, its much much more expensive to build and maintain apps on android, while the revenue is much much lower.

Users, dont see this, they only see two operating systems which are pretty much comparable... however for professional companies its a different thing.

Another thing, people dont seem to realise, is that when converting an app from ios to android, it needs to be developed totally again from the ground up, different programming languages and code and sdk...

Edited by Bachus (08/17/17 07:54 AM)

#436133 - 08/17/17 07:18 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
The dealers already know what it contains as they were shown it earlier this year, so apart from confirming launch details I doubt if there will be anything new.
The age is probably about right, as is the information about editing, however, to say that most uses stick to 1 finger chord trigger and can’t read music is a complete and absolute total nonsense as most have come from organs where chord play and reading music is common. (Yamaha even has teaching systems for their arrangers)
Producing an SDK is something they should have done ages ago, and if true will really bring Yamaha into the 21st century, that Apple is mentioned is logical as most Yamaha external software for their instruments are for Apple Tablets.
Touchscreen again should have been added years ago, so if correct is a welcome improvement.
As to whether the information is accurate, we’ll those that have seen it had to sign an NDA and most would not be prepared to break it, as it means they could lose the Yamaha franchise, (Which is very lucrative) so best to take with a pinch of salt and treat it as possible/probabilities rather than fact.
It will probably be a surprise, but probably not as people think.
Expect plenty more rumours and so called facts as the launch gets closer.
Bill

Bill, yamaha dealers are tightlipped with any information... about specs and features... this is actually the first possible nda breach i have seen..

I am a firm believer that the namechange tyros to genos indicates huge change... i also agree with your assesment that there could be truth in this message..

By the end of September we should know what the Genos is all about

#436137 - 08/17/17 08:17 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
Tyrosman5 Offline

Interesting info. Time will tell if this is true or just speculation. Lloyd

#436201 - 08/18/17 06:21 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

maybe a September release, then a Winter Namm 2018 showing, Musikmesse, etc,
and in the stores by early spring....?

#436219 - 08/18/17 08:53 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
maybe a September release, then a Winter Namm 2018 showing, Musikmesse, etc,
and in the stores by early spring....?

According to inside information on psr tutorial, a september announcement, and oktober in shops all around europe

Winter Namm for a new arranger? Nah, that would definately be the wrong place to get the press you want with a new areanger.. thats why Yamaha is doing an event in September..

#436223 - 08/18/17 09:15 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

goodbye motif/tyros hello montage/genos

in a weird way I'm cautiously curious with no excitement or intentions of purchasing.

#436229 - 08/18/17 10:07 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
goodbye motif/tyros hello montage/genos

in a weird way I'm cautiously curious with no excitement or intentions of purchasing.

I am seriously curious and excited, naking ny expectations so high i allready know i will be dissapointed.... and so i have no intentions of purchasing

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online