SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#436980 - 09/05/17 06:19 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
In that case, I couldn't believe they wouldn't provide a converter of some kind. Too many legacy styles for Yamaha to abandon them.

Edited by W Tracy Parnell (09/05/17 06:19 AM)

#436983 - 09/05/17 06:43 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell
In that case, I couldn't believe they wouldn't provide a converter of some kind. Too many legacy styles for Yamaha to abandon them.

I'm not surprised as they want to go in a totally new direction....technology rules.. players who like the old styles can use a Tyros 5 etc..

#436994 - 09/05/17 08:34 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
I heard a new rumor all older Yamaha styles will NOT be compatible with the new alleged so called Genos because of newer technology used..?

The rumor says, there will be a new style format... older keyboards will not be compatible with this new style format...

It nowhere says that the Genos will not support the old styles, which is something totally different... Genos will support other file types..

This rumor as stated by me comes from psr tutorial forums...

The rumor you state was born there also by people that have a hard time reading things..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#436995 - 09/05/17 08:39 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Dnj
I heard a new rumor all older Yamaha styles will NOT be compatible with the new alleged so called Genos because of newer technology used..?

The other way is understandable and reasonable, new styleformat will not load into models before "Genos",
but I doubt Yamaha will put the new flagship on the market without make compability for load i.e Tyros and PSR styles.

If what you heard is correct, I think they aim for other usergroup than "TYROSERS".
How many Tyros / PSR users do you think will go for a swap if so?
Yamaha want to sell big numbers, so my guess is that there will be software to convert.
Onboard or as PC addon.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#436996 - 09/05/17 08:42 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

If Yamaha goes that route I can understand as at some point NEW things have to be created even if it means no more OLD Style compatibility and it has to be replaced by something else that could be even better.....maybe they don't want to be stuck in the old anymore & are thinking outside the box....no one knows for sure..
we'll see in a few weeks.....either way I love my Pa4x.

#437000 - 09/05/17 09:16 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
If, for any reason, Yamaha decides to make a new keyboard that will not play styles from older Yamaha keyboards it would put me completely out of the market for that new keyboard. Some of us have spent a decade or more building gig sets and song styles we use for gigs and to start completely all over is a complete deal killer for me.

If they really do offer such a keyboard it will sure put business in Korg's and Ketron's pocket.
I doubt Yamaha is really that stupid.

Deane

#437011 - 09/05/17 10:56 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
.....either way I love my Pa4x.

... marking the time and date. Taking bets.

#437013 - 09/05/17 10:59 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By hammer
If, for any reason, Yamaha decides to make a new keyboard that will not play styles from older Yamaha keyboards it would put me completely out of the market for that new keyboard. Some of us have spent a decade or more building gig sets and song styles we use for gigs and to start completely all over is a complete deal killer for me.

If they really do offer such a keyboard it will sure put business in Korg's and Ketron's pocket.
I doubt Yamaha is really that stupid.

Deane

Deane but I thought you were all set now with your SD7s? confused1

That said, that's maybe they want to get away from all that OLDER stuff and create a new young world of arranger styles especially for the new generation..

Edited by Dnj (09/05/17 11:08 AM)

#437020 - 09/05/17 11:39 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bachus]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
If that's the case, they may think they have saturated the OLDER market, and that would be a grave mistake.

#437021 - 09/05/17 11:44 AM Re: Genos Rumors [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
If that's the case, they may think they have saturated the OLDER market, and that would be a grave mistake.

They need to look into the future and go forward not backwards....they have exhausted their Tyros theme over and over again
...time for something new wouldn't you say? lets not forget how techics left their loyals hanging with their you know what in their hands?...Money is all they care about simple as that.
Its just business.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online