This rumor/opinion was posted on a french forum ...

On the French forum, Maarten from PSR tutorial found a nice summary from someone called Olivier. It contains a few interesting new bits of rumors/guesses/information, and because I find it a nice overview and it resonates as true to me, I am reposting it here (translated from French by Google Translate):

==== BEGIN ====
Hello, I am registered since yesterday on this forum and what led me to register, it is mainly this topic on the Genos.

In terms of important information, there is no more Tyros available at Thomann. It's a sign. We all know that the Genos will be officially presented on September 18 in Berlin and that 400 lucky guys, among the biggest European dealers will be able to discover it. Its availability will come in November and will be immediate, throughout Europe on the same date. You do not have to cross borders to have it before everyone else.

I have carefully reviewed the 19 pages of this post and in the end, the speculation is going well (we have the same concerning the iPhone 8 and its derivatives). It should be noted that the average age of buyers of Tyros, all models combined, Is about 62 years. These customers do not raise the hood and most ignore what an oscillator or how much polyphony it features. Very few users modify the original settings of the sounds, the reverb remains as it is, and if it does not fit, they will look for another sound with a different setting. Very few of them read the music and are thrilled to launch a style of rock and roll by changing chords with one finger.

To make an easy comparison, I do not need to be a writer to write a book. I can do it by typing gently with 2 or 3 fingers, and in the end you will read my article (which you like or not), without knowing if I am typing at 120 words / minute.

So the Tyros were designed to be unpacked, Plugged in and make music directly by pressing only 2 keys. The family is around and the pianist-hero shows what he can do, he's in control, he's jubilant and that, Yamaha has understood it better than the others.
So there was no reason to reinvent the wheel. What is certain is that the Tyros lineage was running out of steam and it would have been a serious mistake to keep this name by changing a number again to go to 6. Be aware that as soon as a keyboard, arranger or not appears , Each brand buys it and the decortic from top to bottom, do you think for a moment that Yamaha does not know how a Korg PA-4X or a Roland BK-9 works? They must take the best of each competitor and adapt it to their sauce so as not to plagiarize the buddies.

The look will change, That is certain and will be inspired by the Montage (you suspect, do not you?). There will be no Montage in it, it would have been ridiculous but there will be some "inspirations", as in their time the Motive for the Tyros. They have algorithms and technology and will use some of it on Genos (I would have done the same).

We go on: the touchscreen? Of course, it's obvious ...

So what's new? Well, Yamaha introduces an innovation, and this one, you will not find it anywhere else: an opening to third-party applications. But what is this stuff?
Before, there was only Yamaha that could change the way the Tyros work. (However, there have been some trials, but it went by noon and it was complicated to implement). Some developers will be able to access a system development kit (SDK) allowing them to enter the bowels of the beast to develop specific applications. For the first year, the exclusivity will go to Apple, in other words, you can only use one device of that brand. The Androids will have to wait 1 year (yes I know, I hear you scream, you who are on Samsung).

For short, you can buy on the Apple Store cheap apps that will allow you to do a trick not implemented by Yamaha, such as access all its styles on a single screen, have a replica of the Music Finder on iPad, Or create your "Gala" folder and schedule your evening event in advance. We also think of the scrolling of lyrics on audio and many other things. There will also be a great app connected to a Taser that will send 150000 volts in the buttocks of the accordionist you accompany, every time he eats a measure. (Good there, I admit it is not won).

For the rest, it's really innovative, do not you think?

I do not want to polemic while playing the upstart who knows everything but I can assure you that I have my sources and that they are reliable. For the record, I also created a forum specifically dedicated to Tyros (with 2,300 members). It's not advertising in disguise, it's just to say that I am sometimes well informed.

Prices will be closer to 4000 € than 5000 €. We are still in a period of crisis, let us not forget.

Have a great day.

Olivier from Nice
==== END ====

http://keyszone.boards.net