SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#417449 - 02/27/16 10:53 AM Falling in Love with S970 Again...
Dnj Offline

I should start out by saying I should kick myself in the head for my finicky and abrupt attempt to sell my Yamaha S970, WTF was I thinking? blushToday I said to myself let me sit down and dig into what this S970 can really do and I am pleasantly finding new features I didn't know were there. As I am always trying to downsize my rig and travel to jobs with as less as possible to perform with and setup. So I did some experimenting and I am so happy that when I plugged in my laptop to the S970 AUX input I found that I can using the LIVE CONTROL knobs I can assign one knob to control the Volume of the songs played from the LT & one knob to control Vol of the MIC BRILLANT!! This in turn will let me eliminate my mixer as i also have dug deep into the MIC Effects to find a usable solution to singing thru the KB and when needed using the VH2 harmony...
both are pretty acceptable vs my previous S model arranger KBs in the past or any PSR.. I will also say the speakers in the S970 after much testing are definitely better the my old S950,
why I don't know but I do know what I'm hearing headphone .

I'll dig deeper when I get some more time....
So for now I'm a very Happy Yamaha S970 player
Thank you for listening.
keys

Edited by Dnj (02/27/16 10:55 AM)

#417453 - 02/27/16 11:24 AM Re: Falling in Love with S970 Again... [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj

Thank you for listening.
keys

I don't think anybody is listening. We've heard it all before.

chas

#417454 - 02/27/16 11:31 AM Re: Falling in Love with S970 Again... [Re: Dnj]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
I'm happy that you're happy! smile

I think many of us tend to get carried away with the "newer is better" mentality, before we really know what our present gear can do. It's a North American mindset. It's also what keeps the economy running. So, if you think about it, it's our North American duty to help our economy buy continually buying the latest keyboards! smile

I'm speaking for myself; I get anxious a few times a year wanting to know what new keyboard will come out, and when I find out, I drool. Then, when the excitement wears off, I start looking again for the next new thing.

Can't wait for Musikmesse!

#417455 - 02/27/16 11:41 AM Re: Falling in Love with S970 Again... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Mike ...
all I ever want is that my gear serve my needs in the best way possible FOR ME!
it's an ever changing process sometimes good, ....sometimes not so good,...we all make mistakes,
we all make different choices,......main thing if something doesn't work out no big deal,
jump back up on the horse and try again there are no rules.

take care

dp

Edited by Dnj (02/27/16 11:53 AM)

#417456 - 02/27/16 11:48 AM Re: Falling in Love with S970 Again... [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Donny,
We all have different personalities; yours is to get excited about a new keyboard, so what! I owned and sold three Kn7000 – I now own my fourth Kn7000.

Part of the problem, if you consider changing keyboards often a problem is this forum; It is not possible (for me) to read and hear about how wonderful the new S 970 is without being tempted.

Can you ever forget how excited you got when you were waiting for the FedEx truck to come.

Hey, the forum would become a bit boring if it weren’t for people like you.

John C.
PS, Donny, ya wanna buy my keyboard? (grin)

#417457 - 02/27/16 11:50 AM Re: Falling in Love with S970 Again... [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

It happens...

I am on my 3rd Kronos... First i sold, 2nd got stolen...
But sometimes even the best can be confusing if you expect something else...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#417458 - 02/27/16 11:51 AM Re: Falling in Love with S970 Again... [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles

Thank you for listening.
keys

I don't think anybody is listening. We've heard it all before.
chas

Uh, chas ... since you responded, doesn't that mean you were listening - or in this case reading? . confused1 wink

#417459 - 02/27/16 11:51 AM Re: Falling in Love with S970 Again... [Re: Dnj]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
[quote=Dnj]Mike ...
all I ever want this that my gear serve my needs in the best way possible FOR ME!
it's an ever changing process sometimes good, ....sometimes not so good,...we all make mistakes,
we all make different choices,......main thing if something doesn't work out no big deal,
jump back up on the horse and try again there are no rules.

take care

That makes a lot of sense. I wish you the best!

Edited by Mikem (02/27/16 11:59 AM)

#417460 - 02/27/16 11:53 AM Re: Falling in Love with S970 Again... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I should start out by saying I should kick myself in the head for my finicky and abrupt attempt to sell my Yamaha S970, WTF was I thinking? blushToday I said to myself let me sit down and dig into what this S970 can really do and I am pleasantly finding new features I didn't know were there. As I am always trying to downsize my rig and travel to jobs with as less as possible to perform with and setup. So I did some experimenting and I am so happy that when I plugged in my laptop to the S970 AUX input I found that I can using the LIVE CONTROL knobs I can assign one knob to control the Volume of the songs played from the LT & one knob to control Vol of the MIC BRILLANT!! This in turn will let me eliminate my mixer as i also have dug deep into the MIC Effects to find a usable solution to singing thru the KB and when needed using the VH2 harmony...
both are pretty acceptable vs my previous S model arranger KBs in the past or any PSR.. I will also say the speakers in the S970 after much testing are definitely better the my old S950,
why I don't know but I do know what I'm hearing headphone .

I'll dig deeper when I get some more time....
So for now I'm a very Happy Yamaha S970 player
Thank you for listening.
keys

And Gary would say "I TOLD YOU SO ... IT'S BEEN THERE ALL THE WHILE" ... grin keys

#417461 - 02/27/16 11:55 AM Re: Falling in Love with S970 Again... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
smile

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online