SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#417525 - 02/28/16 10:14 AM Use a computer to organize files?
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
One of the things I find most daunting about using an arranger is time spent organizing files and registrations.

I've been trying to use my computer more to organize and copy files rather than using my Tyros.

If there were a more quick and dirty way to copy and paste files from one location to the next or one arranger to the next...well that would be great. This assumes that when I'm done copying and pasting, all the styles, lyrics, multipads and you name it were lined up.

Maybe I'm making this all too complicated? Maybe at gigs I should just hit any old style, set tempo, use whatever voice, and sing away. smile

Then I could use multiple arrangers...which I wouldn't mind doing.

Guess I'm too picky. I actually like to arrange each song with the right style, muti pad, voice etc. LOTS of work that way though.

smile

#417526 - 02/28/16 10:50 AM Re: Use a computer to organize files? [Re: guitpic1]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I find that working in the heart of an arranger keyboard helps me to know the keyboard better.
I agree computers are more efficient.

John C.

#417529 - 02/28/16 11:50 AM Re: Use a computer to organize files? [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Rog, you can do this using a host of programs you will find links to at the PSR Tutorial site.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#417531 - 02/28/16 11:59 AM Re: Use a computer to organize files? [Re: guitpic1]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: guitpic1

Guess I'm too picky. I actually like to arrange each song with the right style, muti pad, voice etc. LOTS of work that way though.
smile

I have been doing a LOT of that lately ... I have even added some new parts to the arranger styles ... As I said in another thread, it's work, but I am enjoying it ...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online