Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 52 < 1 2 3 4 51 52 >
Topic Options
#377866 - 12/11/13 11:00 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: tony mads usa]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: rosetree
Bergen has an average of 2C / 36F in January, very different to Oslo and warmer than NYC although it's so far north.

FWIW ... the average temp in NYC in January actually ranges between 36F and 39F depending on the source ... December and February are warmer ... smile

So, about the same January average for two locations which have a north-south difference of 20 degrees of latitude or 1,500 miles. (BTW, the US averages used to be calculated differently in the past, resulting in higher values compared to the European standards, (max+min)/2 versus (temp.at 3 times per day)/3. FWIW ;-) )

#377891 - 12/11/13 05:36 PM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony, most of the time it's warmer in NYC during winter than it is here, and I'm 285 miles south of NYC. I think it may have something to do with the heat emitted from the buildings and underground steam pipes.

Gunner, I firmly believe if it were not for the ladies, most of us would soon be out of business. It's the ladies I dress up fancy for, the ladies I sing to, and mostly ladies that provide the biggest tips. They guys could care less, especially if there's a sporting event on the big screen TV at the bar.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#377918 - 12/12/13 04:02 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
rosetree
Unregistered

Maybe you are not as close to the waterfront compared to NYC? That's a huge factor in winter. The official stations are normally not located downtown to avoid urban microclimate, I guess for NY you mostly get JFK airport measurements (taken above a grass field or course).

#377933 - 12/12/13 07:05 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
rosetree
Unregistered

Just found a great map with many weather stations for NYC and anywhere:
http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/
Just type in NYC, there are lots of stations (although some private and not necessarily all accurate). The one in Central Park is an official one, but it's colder than JFK airport at the moment. (Sorry, I don't want to turn this into a weather forum).

Edited by rosetree (12/12/13 07:05 AM)

#377934 - 12/12/13 07:10 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Just found a great map with many weather stations for NYC and anywhere:
http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/
Just type in NYC, there are lots of stations (although some private and not necessarily all accurate). The one in Central Park is an official one, but it's colder than JFK airport at the moment. (Sorry, I don't want to turn this into a weather forum).

best part is the active radar map....

#377937 - 12/12/13 08:05 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
124 Offline

#377943 - 12/12/13 09:03 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Another fun day in Paradise. Today's high is 30f, tonight it should dip to 12f and I'm just heading out to do the first of today's double. Snow due on Saturday, which I hope holds off till late in the day.

Stay warm everyone,

Gary cool

#377944 - 12/12/13 09:16 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I hear ya, Gar ... just a single for me today, but not 'til later this afternoon ... temp here in Li'l Rhody is a balmy 25F with a 'soft breeze' that has it feeling like 13F ... tonight's low about 14F ...
Being an 'older' OMB ain't for wimps !!! ...

Keep spreading that Christmas cheer ... rocker

#378106 - 12/13/13 04:45 PM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

The weather doodles are calling for about 4 inches of wet snow in my area, followed by freezing rain, sleet, and finally rain with a high temperature of 38 degrees. Looks like I'll loose another job to the weather. Glad the bar is fully stocked. wink

Gary cool

#378108 - 12/13/13 04:47 PM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
The weather doodles are calling for about 4 inches of wet snow in my area, followed by freezing rain, sleet, and finally rain with a high temperature of 38 degrees. Looks like I'll loose another job to the weather. Glad the bar is fully stocked. wink

Gary cool

I lost one last Sunday due to the Snow, we rescheduled,all part of the game Gary wink ......but, I enjoyed the football games lol.. cool2

Page 2 of 52 < 1 2 3 4 51 52 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online