SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 51 of 52 < 1 2 49 50 51 52 >
Topic Options
#386486 - 03/17/14 09:36 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Yea but you have to stay on the water under a canvas topped boat or either indoors, or you will die of heat stroke. The whole of Florida is for the old farts who just watch I Love Lucy all day in side. Oh and incidentally the $300 - $400 bill for the air conditioner running 24-7 is a killer on SS. Mostly people who are still working or retired Air Force Colonels live there. LOL Ask Eddie if ya think I don't know what I'm talking about. Ha ha.

#386487 - 03/17/14 09:48 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Boo, I already spent $500 on snow removal this winter, plus lost nearly $3,000 in snow cancellations. I'll take that Florida Sun every day over this lousy winter.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#386492 - 03/17/14 11:36 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Originally Posted By: Dnj
5 inches snowq so far now & still snowin here.......Grrrrrrrrrrr!
It ain't a happy St Pattys day so far mad

Yikes feel bad for you guys. My wife and I are spending the month of March/first week of April in Ocala, Florida. We aren't too happy becuase it's raining, but 64 degrees guess the rain beats snow. If we weren't here to tend to family matters with some very sick elders we'd be up in New England freezing our butts off as well.

... this storm is going to miss us, but it is 20 degrees and windy so it goes right through you ... I don't feel bad for YOU !!! wink ... at least you don't have to shovel rain ...

Hope all is going well down there ...

Tony glad to hear you are dodging the snow, but 20, that's another story. Really huge temp flucuations here last week, one morning here at 7, it was 35 and we needed winter coats and hats while out out walking. By 1 PM we were in short sleeves and shorts.....go figure.

Going pretty well all things considered. Family down here is in rough shape we visit my uncle just about every other day in the NH, my father in law with macular eye problems doesn't get out much anymore. We have been getting him out of the house as much as possible. Makes you appreciate what good health means.

Can't get away from RI though we met 3 different people at different places who are from of all places Woonsocket. One guy tells us the only reason he visits RI anymore is Wright's Farm Chicken dinners and the NY System Weiners in Olneyville Square cool

We're staying at my uncle's place, the photo you see I took yesterday when it was 81 and sunny is looking out the patio onto the 4 th hole fairway of the on premise golf course. Maybe I should take up golfing?

#386498 - 03/17/14 01:01 PM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Steve ... you REALLY know how to hurt a guy !!!

I only WISH I would need a coat and hat at 7AM and wear shorts and a short sleeve shirt in the afternoon !!!

Sorry to hear about the family problems, hope it all works out ...

#386536 - 03/18/14 04:08 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Steve ... you REALLY know how to hurt a guy !!!

I only WISH I would need a coat and hat at 7AM and wear shorts and a short sleeve shirt in the afternoon !!!

Sorry to hear about the family problems, hope it all works out ...

T,
Thanks and if makes you feel any better yesterday there were hard rains that I haven't seen back up north in a few years.

#386543 - 03/18/14 06:24 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
like I have said before "you don't have to shovel rain" ... laugh2
... stay dry my friend ... grin

Edited by tony mads usa (03/18/14 06:26 AM)

#386690 - 03/20/14 08:06 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
rosetree
Unregistered

Again 72F (21.5 C) here in north west Germany. Won't take long and the apple trees will bloom (normally due a lot later on April 30 here).

#386691 - 03/20/14 08:09 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

First Day Of Spring!!

#386692 - 03/20/14 08:22 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Spring equinox, the day when night is equal to day, and the weather forecast for next Tuesday is the possibility of freezing rain or snow - wonderful!

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#386709 - 03/20/14 03:09 PM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
rosetree
Unregistered

Only 10 inches of snow left even on some German lower-Alps mountains such as Brauneck (altitude 5,300 feet).
Today, the Foehn wind ate up a lot of snow, but provided a spectacular view 60 miles north up to Munich. Look at this, you can even see a starting jet from the airport north of Munich:

Attachments
Brauneck-München-kompr.jpg

Page 51 of 52 < 1 2 49 50 51 52 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online