SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 52 < 1 2 3 4 5 51 52 >
Topic Options
#378170 - 12/14/13 08:33 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'm ready to trudge out in this potential winter wonderland in a few hours for a cushy country club affair. C'mon, Gary .... you lived in this area for a long time - this is what happens here!
smile
I could never live in a one season climate - I needs me some change!
Plus, when would I get to wear my soft, leather/cashmere gloves from Men's Wearhouse?
Suck it up - pay a teenager to shovel that monster driveway of yours, leave a little earlier, drive a little slower, dress warmly and enjoy the view!

#378171 - 12/14/13 09:05 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Dave, about three years ago, we paid some teenagers to clear the driveway. They had two snow blowers, some shovels and were all about 17 years old. They went home with $150. They have some nice seasonal changes in the Florida Keys, Temperatures sometimes dip as low as 50 during mid January, but quickly come back to 75, Summer usually gets into the 80s, sometimes the 90s, just like here, but those ocean breezes and beautiful sunsets make the hotter days a lot cooler. I love the shad of the coconut palms, dips in the turquoise colored waters with 30-foot underwater visibility, and catching a fat grouper for dinner. Can't find any of that in the mid-Atlantic region. Wait till you get old, like me and those sugar white, sandy beaches will have a lot more attraction to you, Dave.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#378172 - 12/14/13 09:08 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
I'm ready to trudge out in this potential winter wonderland in a few hours for a cushy country club affair. C'mon, Gary .... you lived in this area for a long time - this is what happens here!
smile
I could never live in a one season climate - I needs me some change!
Plus, when would I get to wear my soft, leather/cashmere gloves from Men's Wearhouse?
Suck it up - pay a teenager to shovel that monster driveway of yours, leave a little earlier, drive a little slower, dress warmly and enjoy the view!

clap clap clap

Edited by Dnj (12/14/13 09:09 AM)

#378175 - 12/14/13 09:41 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Wait till you get old, like me and those sugar white, sandy beaches will have a lot more attraction to you, Dave.

I seriously doubt it Gary ... I am always the one who wants the A/C colder and the windows open ... I carry blankets in mycar so my kids can travel with me! I am a cold weather boy, for sure. I love my pool (as long as I have shade), I like to visit the beach, and I love playing for the vacationers at the shore, but LIVE there ??? No thank you ... not now, and not when I'm old like you either.
smile

#378176 - 12/14/13 09:46 AM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
[quote=travlin'easy] Wait till you get old, like me and those sugar white, sandy beaches will have a lot more attraction to you, Dave.

Gary attraction is one thing, if thats your dream.. making the move permanently is the hurdle if at all,.....life is TOO short to dilly dally! wink

#378191 - 12/14/13 01:37 PM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Gary's leash is too short.

#378192 - 12/14/13 02:13 PM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Gary's leash is too short.

OUCH!!! coffee

#378197 - 12/14/13 02:37 PM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Don is right about that part, though I told her if I'm still breathing in 2015 I'm putting the sails up again and pointing the bow of the boat south till the temperature and my age are equal. Maybe she'll fly down and join me this time.

Today, I performed for the first time at an upscale assisted living facility next door to Bulle Rock Country Club and Golf Course. It's brand, spankin new, beautiful decor inside and outside, and the residents had a ball. Unfortunately none could get up and dance because of their physical impairments, but he visitors did, which made things a bit more lively. Additionally, the daughters of one of the ladies there came to visit, and while I was singing Unforgetable she came up and put her arms around me and sang the song with me. She had a great voice, and I enjoyed the attention.

About halfway through the performance, the snow began to fall, and at times looked like a full scale blizzard outside. When I left to come home the snow was a couple inches deep, and mixed with freezing rain. So, until tomorrow, the keyboard will remain snuggled in the confines of the van. Thus far, this year, we've had 17 inches of snow, and the worst months, January, February and March are still ahead of us. I think it's gonna be a nasty winter here in the People's Republic of Maryland.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#378212 - 12/14/13 07:40 PM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thank goodness for global warming, or we'd be all frozen to death by now.

#378216 - 12/14/13 09:31 PM Re: Damned I hate winter.... [Re: travlin'easy]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Don, Are you being sarcastic again and referring to the fear mongers about "Global Warming" as a bunch of nuts with a few loose screws?

Page 3 of 52 < 1 2 3 4 5 51 52 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online