SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#369399 - 07/21/13 11:34 AM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
UD, what midi transmit did you have the upper set to, and want was the receive channel on the Harm-M? Also you must set the upper sections to "both" under style play Track Controls. Factory default is internal only.

If you are not getting the correct harmony on the M, it is getting no midi note data (as determined by the tiny flashing LED next to the input knob).

My guess is the PA was not set to be transmitting there are two places it needs to be set, the Track Controls as above and in the Global section.

Further it needs to be set for BOTH style mode, and for song mode. As each mode can have a different method. EG for style you may have the upper to external and in song mode have it set to internal.

What I used to do was actually drive the Harm M from Upper 3, with no PA sound patch and the volume at 0. As the Harm M also responds to patch changes, you can also set (via MSB/LSB and Patch #) this as the Upper 3 patch so that when the song/style is loaded it sends the patch set for upper 3 to the Harm M (assuming it is saved to the STS of course, and uppper 3 is set to either external or both. I just had it set to external.

Dennis

PS: I suspect even more that one of the two section setups has not been done correctly if the Harm M responds well from the arranger section, which by OS default is set to transmit. The Harm M by default is set to receive on channel 1, however it can bet set to any channel.

That is another thing to check - the receiving channel on the Harm M (IIRC, the M does not have Midi OMNI Rx mode) as it may have inadvertently been set to something other than the channel (I assume you are using Upper 1?) assigned to upper 1, which means it is getting note data, just not the correct data smile

#369400 - 07/21/13 11:53 AM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: Saswick]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Originally Posted By: Saswick
I was going to change my Pa600 and my VLT 1 for the Pa900 but was disappointed that the VH in the Pa900 was the old version not the one from the Pa3x so I opted for above set up, a few more cables but it works very well.

Regards

Col

Not that I don't believe that, but is there a documented prove that the harmonizer is the old generation?
For sure it's not the full flagged vocalist that pa3x has, but Pa900 could very well be a simpler version, less voices, less effects, but still same quality.
Is there a solid argument against this possibility other than assumtion?

#369404 - 07/21/13 05:15 PM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
For the PSR-S950 and all other Yamaha keyboards, the keyboard's MIDI must be set to "KBD & Style" which is accessed via Function/MIDI. This allows the Harmony-M to recognize all chords played on the keyboard. Now, if UD is not using the lower (style) to trigger the Harmony-M, then in the Mic setting section, the Vocal Harmony control under the KBD column must be set to Upper in order to send the correct MIDI information to the Harmony-M. If I recall correctly, UD always triggers his vocal harmonies with his right hand chording.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#369409 - 07/21/13 11:03 PM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: adimatis]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Originally Posted By: adimatis
Originally Posted By: Saswick
I was going to change my Pa600 and my VLT 1 for the Pa900 but was disappointed that the VH in the Pa900 was the old version not the one from the Pa3x so I opted for above set up, a few more cables but it works very well.

Regards

Col

Not that I don't believe that, but is there a documented prove that the harmonizer is the old generation?
For sure it's not the full flagged vocalist that pa3x has, but Pa900 could very well be a simpler version, less voices, less effects, but still same quality.
Is there a solid argument against this possibility other than assumtion?

Check the manual for both keyboards, the VH in the Pa900 is exactly the same as the Pa800/Pa2x.

Regards

Col

Edited by Saswick (07/21/13 11:04 PM)

#369412 - 07/22/13 05:16 AM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: Saswick]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

What Korg has to do to get me back

Who says Korg wanted you back Dave ? smile smile smile

regards,
John [i][/i]

#369414 - 07/22/13 05:37 AM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Oh, they want me John ... they need me.
smile
And yes, Tony - RED hair is a must these days. The only brunette who doesn't need to change for me is Mila Kunis. She can stay dark and mysterious.
smile
Dennis - I'll take another look at the insides and double check my checks, thanx! The Yamaha may work a bit different from the Korg, and you speak as if you think I'm still using the Korg. Not so ... I'm all s-950 until something better comes along. I'm hoping that I find a way to pump extra audio into the PA900 when that hits the streets near me, but so far that hope is fading with no documentation to support my wishes.
frown
Sigh ...

#369418 - 07/22/13 07:11 AM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

...on the bright side though UD, there is a very slight chance that in three months'time there will be JS2013 Resources for the PA900 smile

regards,
John

#369420 - 07/22/13 07:30 AM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
billyhank Offline

Well I have the S950 and am thinking seriously of going for the PA900. I think the PA900 is what the S950 should have been and Korg is going to eat Yamahas lunch if they keep the price right.

If the new Tyros replacement has the same touch screen and OS as seen on the CVP600 series it will be dead in the water.

Yeah I know, it is all about the sound.

Bill G

#369437 - 07/22/13 11:21 AM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave

Dennis - I'll take another look at the insides and double check my checks, thanx! The Yamaha may work a bit different from the Korg, and you speak as if you think I'm still using the Korg. Not so ... I'm all s-950 until something better comes along. I'm hoping that I find a way to pump extra audio into the PA900 when that hits the streets near me, but so far that hope is fading with no documentation to support my wishes.
frown
Sigh ...

Ahh cool UD, you are correct, I thought you still had the Korg. No probs smile
Dennis

#369590 - 07/26/13 08:13 AM Re: What Korg has to do to get me back ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Conclusion:
Yamaha PSR s-950 is INCOMPATIBLE with TC Harmony-M "IF" you plan to trigger the harmonies from the right hand chords in real time. There are issues with the sustain pedal operation, as well as a Yamaha "weirdness" that does not play well with the TC in this mode. For simple, arranger play .... it's OK, but I require a more unique approach.
PA-900 ... you're looking better all the time to me.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online