SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 34 < 1 2 3 4 5 33 34 >
Topic Options
#295786 - 10/08/10 08:18 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
XF6 = $2400
XF7 = $3100

$700 difference.

But a MIDI keyboard of high quality the diference is only $200..so it would not have to be $700 if Yamaha would be reasonable about it.

Lee S.

#295787 - 10/08/10 08:20 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Id say "jealousy" is also involved as if the tyros was just so so in the sound department no one would care how many keys it had... Each complaint is an attribution & acknowledgment to how great the Tyros SOUND is....now whats the next complaint?

I have actually not made ONE complaint about the Tyros or the PSR910 Donny...You are using a pretty wide brush there

I am told the Tyros keyfeel is similar to the FSX keybed on the Motif XS/XF so that would be fine with me

Dennis

#295788 - 10/09/10 03:20 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Donny, are you 'jealous' of every feature you like on other arrangers that isn't on the S910?

Or, when feeling exactly the same way as many of us, you use a less inflammatory description of that desire? No one arranger has it ALL. You've made your opinion public about certain things you'd like to see from other arrangers making it to the PSR series. Did anyone call YOU 'jealous'?

I don't remember that...

#295789 - 10/09/10 09:37 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I already said I would have bought a 76 key T4 if the Drum Kits were up to snuff but apparently they're not, at least from what I've heard over the internet anyway. Maybe hearing them live in person could convince me otherwise I dunno. But NO 76 keys so that settles that right?

As you recall we did an online Poll to determine who preferred 76 keys vs. 61 keys and it tallied up at roughly 50% either way. So in all practicality Yamaha is missing basically 50% of the potential arranger market by refusing to cater to that other half who prefer 76 keys (or even 88 keys) for that matter.

Yamaha, in my opinion, is stubborn to the core and unless there is a major hierarchy shift with more "opened minded" consumer "friendly" personnel put in charge at Yamaha Music Division we can probably kiss any 76 key totl arranger goodbye until such a time as that occurs, if it ever does.

What I surmise is happening is some big shots from Yamaha check in here at Synthzone occasionally (as Steve Deming has alluded to) and they try to get a feel as to what we want in an arranger. Because we (me included) have given Yamaha a hard time on occasion and we (me included) have at times lambasted Yamaha for their "indifference" to keyboardists wanting more ivory to play on than the paltry 61 keys that all Tyros succumb to, perhaps Yamaha sees our bickering which has all been done in good nature but Yamaha has taken offense at it apparently, and they have seen the strong emotions rallied toward them and since Japanese are pacifists who do not like strong dialogue or to be confronted in such an opposing manner (with critical critiquing apparently) I really think Yamaha has taken it "personally" and they actually take pleasure in thumbing their noses at us i.e. - the consumer(s) who want more than they're willing to give i.e. 76 keys, better Drum Kits etc., for their totl arranger model. I could be wrong but that is my suspicion anyway.

So perhaps if we (me included) had taken a different approach, and instead, sucked up to them Big Time (which apparently stokes their egos I reckon) then maybe we could have already had a 76 key Tyros with better Drum Kits somewhere down the line e.g. Tyros3, etc.

In conclusion, Yamaha has perhaps succumbed to a personal vendetta against those they (Yamaha) perceives as their enemies i.e. those who use strong emotional appeals to try and change Yamaha's mind and policy regarding their top end arranger line. In retaliation, Yamaha continues to simply ignore the pleas of those whom they perceive as their enemies i.e. - anybody who wants 76 keys or better Drum Kits or who uses strong emotional appeals to get through to their thick skulls... or or or... you get the picture.

Thank God that there are other arranger keyboard manufacturers out there who don't take a liking to personal vendettas against their consumer base(s) such as Korg, Ketron, Casio and Roland. Although since Yamaha is "king of the hill" in overall sales of keyboard products they may feel empowered to "squash" any opposing dissent and still not feel financially threatened in any way. In other words, their bottom line isn't negatively impacted in any substantial way because they're able to 'snooker' (hoodwink) gobs of people into buying each successive (and cosmetically incremental) 61 key Tyros - with mediocre Drum Kits - with each new model that they introduce. People keep buying them so Yamaha keeps making them = the same, with minor improvements, with only 61 keys, and with mediocre Drum Kits, etc. As they laugh all the way to the Bank I might add too. What is that saying again?... "a sucker is born every minute?" Is that what Yamaha is relying on to continue to fuel their 61 key arranger keyboard business? Let's hope not... but you be the judge.

All the best,
Mike

#295790 - 10/09/10 09:57 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
The bottom line still is that Yamaha aren't going to make a 76 note TOTL or MOTL arranger until they feel there is a decent market for one, not just go by a few people on a forum, most of which would not buy a Yamaha no matter how many keys it has.
Many won't buy because they don't like the Yamaha sound to begin with, so what's next...a revamp of tone generators?

Don't be silly.

Six or ten, or even twenty, people on this forum saying they might buy a 76 note Yamaha arranger still may not be enough impetus to move Yamaha from their 61 note only position on the Tyros...do you think?

Even on Yamaha only forums, the people wanting 76 keys is in the single digits.

Can't imagine these numbers influencing Yamaha to change the Tyros to 76.

In conclusion, I can say I would buy a Lexus station wagon if they made one, but that doesn't mean I would actually buy one.

As I said, and will say again...talk is cheap...see the above post for an example.

Ian

#295791 - 10/09/10 10:12 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
to the genesys Offline

Talk is cheap. So I guess Iana is saying that the few persons who say they would not buy a good Yamaha 76 key arranger and who own a Yamaha 61 key good arranger should be dismissed by Yamaha.

You can’t tell me that if the T4 had the same features as it does now, person who bought or will by the T4 would not buy it if it were 76 keys. No heavier no bigger that the T4 but with the great sounds, styles that every one is raving over. Does anyone think they will not buy it because it has 15 extra keys?
Talk is cheap.

------------------
TTG

#295792 - 10/09/10 10:35 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Talk is cheap.
You can’t tell me that if the T4 had the same features as it does now, person who bought or will by the T4 would not buy it if it were 76 keys. No heavier no bigger that the T4 but with the great sounds, styles that every one is raving over. Does anyone think they will not buy it because it has 15 extra keys?
Talk is cheap.

Well, you are making a lot of assumptions, Genny.

In the first place, you can't predict what size the Tyros4 would be with 76 keys.

In the second place, you don't know how expensive it will be.

Thirdly, not everyone who allegedly would buy a Tyros4 with 76 keys likes the Yamaha sound and styles...they want a more "live" sound, so, they really don't count.

Finally, you won't know if they will or not, because Yamaha has said "No" to making the T4 with 76.

I actually find it strange that the last part hasn't really registered in your mind...look at the T4...does it have 76 keys?

Ian

#295793 - 10/09/10 11:08 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Posted this on another thread, but it bears repeating...

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
But perhaps those of us wanting this change are going about things the wrong way...? Perhaps it would not be against your religion (Yamahism? ) to simply, instead of asking for a 76 PSR or Tyros, we simply asked for a DGX with EXACTLY the same OS and sounds as those keyboards? Then you could continue in your delusion that Yamaha don't MAKE 76 arrangers, and we could get exactly what we want...

I would be PERFECTLY happy to play a 76 PSR even if it had the words 'Piano' printed on its' front panel, and the letters DGX before its' numbers...

#295794 - 10/09/10 11:23 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Posted this on another thread, but it bears repeating...

Well, this bears repeating as well...

The bottom line still is that Yamaha aren't going to make a 76 note TOTL or MOTL arranger until they feel there is a decent market for one.

Ian

#295795 - 10/09/10 11:27 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Yamaha's markets Tyros as an 'arranger' keyboard specifically created for auto accomp style arranger playing, not solo piano playing, and 61 notes suits this fine for me.

Hi Scott,

I'm sorry I missed your call...I don't have your email, since I lost a lot of addresses when my laptop croaked.

Please email me.

Ian

Page 3 of 34 < 1 2 3 4 5 33 34 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online