SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 18 of 28 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 27 28 >
Topic Options
#284915 - 04/11/10 08:09 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Well Ian
I see that you are still having comprehension issuesļ
This thread was about the Audya but you were the one making baseless assertions that the Yamaha way of playing guitar chords is better.

I didn't ask for a comparison of the two systems...someone else did!

I don't upload specific demos, because I don't do them for free for Yamaha, so why should I do them for nothing here...especially when one of the keyboards in question can be easily demoed at the store. You are another one always saying we should depend on actually playing the instrument and not go by demos. So, follow your own advice, please.

The S910 is not rare. The Audya, on the other hand, is a Yeti at this time, and practically no one can get any time on one, unless they buy one...and their guitar parts were already heard several months ago and deemed to be poorly done (probably why the demos were removed)...even your keyboard plays complex guitar chords in a more homogeneous manner than The Audya.

No, I'm not uploading...firstly, because of my job, and secondly, I don't particularly like the approach being taken in "encouraging" me to do so.

So, the answer is still NO...or do you have a comprehension issue with that?

Ian

Later edit...I have no objection to anyone else with a T3 or S910 uploading and showcasing the GTT guitar parts playing complex chords.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 04-11-2010).]

#284916 - 04/11/10 09:19 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Thing is, Ian goes out and does a Yamaha clinic, he doesn't honestly expect to stand there and simply TELL everyone how good Yamaha's are. He knows, were he to do this, that a) no-one would believe a word of it, and b) he would be fired on the spot!

There you go again...assuming how I work.

My demos are very informal, befitting the laid back lifestyle of the territory in which I work.

I don't sit there, do a concert, and in between tunes, explain the features of the instrument...my clinics are "interactive" and the attendees are always given opportunities to actually play the instrument and hear directly the features I am explaining and pointing out to them...another reason for not too much of "concert" type clinic/demo, is that it may intimidate any new players from trying out the arranger.

I usually play one "fancy" tune at the end.

My years as an Electone teacher, which involved working with groups, really helped me design my demo method.

I believe my approach works well for my territory, and the sales figures seem to bear that out, although, no doubt, my success is also because the Tyros3, S910, and the CVP-series are all such terrific instruments.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 04-11-2010).]

#284917 - 04/13/10 11:41 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
I don't know how many times I have to post that I don't live in an area where any Yamaha TOTL or MOTL arrangers are sold for it to actually sink in to your obviously frost-bitten cranium, Ian, but let me try once more...

As to your assertion that you don't want to make an audio example because you wouldn't get payed for it, first of all, let me ask how much you got payed for those tunes you HAVE provided? Yep, didn't think so... Secondly, you are not getting payed one red cent (at least, I certainly hope not!) for all your interminable evangelism here, so why object to something that is easier and might, for once, actually PROVE your point? There's no timeframe issue here. It's not like you said you would do one, and I'm impatient. At the very first suggestion of the shootout, you bluntly refused to do one. And yet, as others point out, hypocritically asking for the same thing you refuse to provide yourself.

If only any of your arguments had any basis in truth, you might be able to get away with this travesty, but sadly, you forget we actually have memories. You've provided uncompensated example in the past (just LOVE to demonstrate those 'assembled' styles, dontcha? ) so perhaps you'd like to go back and come up with some new creative ways of excusing your [insert your own self-moderated word for someone with no guts]?

And, for all our other T3 and S910 owners out there, perhaps just ONE of you has a little less vanity than SOME here and wouldn't mind showing us that they can do something that apparently, a Yamaha clinician can't manage..?

Oh, and take your time, no rush...!

#284918 - 04/13/10 12:24 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
DannyUK Offline

Quote:
And, for all our other T3 and S910 owners out there, perhaps just ONE of you has a little less vanity than SOME here and wouldn't mind showing us that they can do something that apparently, a Yamaha clinician can't manage..?
...!

Hi Diki,

When I get the chance I will post something, I don't mind at all. Although I feel guilty starting this thread now (didn't realise it was going to go too that extreme), I just wanted to really ask a simple question (a question that I think I rephrased rather badly). Maybe I should change the thread title to:

"What is it that seperates the Audya from the rest of the arrangers"? Maybe if I had said it in that manner it wouldn't have become so competitive!?

[This message has been edited by DannyUK (edited 04-13-2010).]

#284919 - 04/13/10 01:40 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:

I don't know how many times I have to post that I don't live in an area where any Yamaha TOTL or MOTL arrangers are sold for it to actually sink in to your obviously frost-bitten cranium, Ian, but let me try once more...

As to your assertion that you don't want to make an audio example because you wouldn't get payed for it, first of all, let me ask how much you got payed for those tunes you HAVE provided?
Oh, and take your time, no rush...!

Well, my diminutive, and unhappy friend...I feel terrible you are unable to access a Yamaha arranger....I'll probably lose a few minutes sleep tonight.

No Yamaha arrangers?

Do they have indoor toilets and running water in your neck of the woods? Are you still performing in animal skins?

I'll bet it's a bit tough getting the hamster to run fast enough in the wheel, to power that ancient G-70.

As for what I got paid, for posting music in the forum jam session?

Cassp wouldn't pay me anything...how much did you get? I figured, since you had help with yours, you might have asked for enough to cover the assistance.

Thanks, I needed a good laugh today, and I can usually count on you, Your Drollness, to provide a good chuckle, but don't quit your day job, whatever that is.

Ian

#284920 - 04/13/10 01:53 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DannyUK:
Maybe I should change the thread title to:

"What is it that separates the Audya from the rest of the arrangers"? Maybe if I had said it in that manner it wouldn't have become so competitive!?

Danny, don't sweat it, my generous and kind hearted friend...Diki has no more intention of getting an Audya, than I do.

But, by all means post something...now that you've stated your intentions, he'll be bugging you like a blue-bottomed fly until you deliver.

Ian

#284921 - 04/13/10 02:00 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Diki Online   content

Still not enough Nursing Homes and Retirement Communities in my area to justify a high arranger presence in the stores, Ian. Plus, the weather is so good, not too many shut-ins for the winter! That pretty much takes out 75% of the total arranger market except fro the toys for kids section, eh?

We are still more of a Spring Break, young families and singles area than old folks community, so the arranger gets pretty short shrift down here. Sorry it is so different up where you are...!

And yes, I DO like some real assistance on guitar. From actually PLAYING with guitarists, I realize just how pathetic even the best of the artificial MIDI guitar systems can be. This is why I had such great hope and eventual great disappointment with the Audya's guitar system. It WAS a huge chunk for them to bite off and chew out of the gate, and I still believe that technology itself has to advance a couple of more steps before its' promise is fully realized, but OS3 and now OS4 promise upgraded guitar capabilities, and this is what I wanted to hear, especially compared to the best of what the MIDI systems offer.

The Audya is being rapidly improved, and demos from a couple of years ago hardly seem relevant. And Yamaha have introduced an entirely new (and incompatible) guitar system on their newest MOTL and TOTL arrangers. A fair, unbiased shootout seems to be perfectly apropos right now. Let's HEAR what the best and worst points of each system are...

BTW, I am glad my diminuitiveness only extends to my stature, not my mind

Danny, if you're serious about a decent shootout (I really ought to use 'comparison', maybe the terminology - often used by trade mags, though - is what is upsetting some of us? ), how about getting together with TWD and doing some common changes, both complex and simple. I'd still like to hear acoustic AND electrics going head to head, also...

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 04-13-2010).]

#284922 - 04/13/10 02:42 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
We are still more of a Spring Break, young families and singles area than old folks community, so the arranger gets pretty short shrift down here. Sorry it is so different up where you are...!

And yes, I DO like some real assistance on guitar.

That's good to hear...we, however actually do very well tourist wise...the scenery in Cape Breton is legendary, it's been rated the most beautiful island in the world several times in tourist and travel mags...for both winter and summer, although we got very little snow this year...probably going to be a hot summer.

With the G-70's rather nice, but average guitar style-tracks (killer drums, though), I can understand why you would need assistance...luckily, Yamaha's superb mega voice technology only makes that another option for me, rather than a necessity, and, although I enjoy the jam sessions I have with my guitar playing buddies, solo gigs are far more lucrative.

I really can't see you wasting money on a Audya...you, with two arrangers that already surpass it for bass and drums....and you, who have guitar assistance available...it seems like a poor investment.

Your guitar player could buy a lot of strings for the price of an Audya.

Ian

#284923 - 04/13/10 09:16 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Diki Online   content

Not really that interested in wasting my money on either an Audya OR a Yamaha, to be honest, Ian. Certainly wouldn't want to trade killer drums for killer guitars which is the decision I would have to make going Yamaha's way. Ketron's possibly the only game in town where I wouldn't have to make that compromise without losing fills (Korg's weak point).

But it's all moot, at least for me. I just want to HEAR peoples' opinions, not read about them...! It's all too easy to fall back on old impressions, but as newer keyboards come out, and older keyboards get updated radically, a fresh set of comparisons needs to be done. You wouldn't want Yamaha's judged by a ten year old review, and the pace of modern technology, even a couple of years can make almost that much difference in an instrument that not only the OS, but the SOUNDS and the styles can all be software updated...

Let's all just leave our egos at the door, and try to cooperate with getting REAL information to our members, not simply unreliable opinion...

Cape Breton looks beautiful, but still a little chilly for me right now (78ºF day/60ºF night temps average this week down here). To be honest, I WISH that the music people liked down here WAS simplistic enough to do without a real guitarist, but nothing I can do about that!

#284924 - 04/14/10 02:28 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:

But it's all moot, at least for me. I just want to HEAR peoples' opinions, not read about them...! t!

That's precisely why I was interested in hearing the old demos of the Audya that were removed...I didn't really expect anyone to upload the guitars parts being soloed again, because, quite frankly, they couldn't have been improved or corrected, or they would have been forthcoming right away, without excuses.

If you remember, one of the tunes I uploaded in the jam, had several people commenting on how good the mega guitars were, including Fran, who loathes Yamaha...you, yourself, said they were exceptional (or words to that effect) so really, I didn't have anything to prove about Yamaha's guitars at all.

I would have posted again, but I honestly didn't like your approach about the whole deal, which was flippant and disrespectful (again), so, quite rightly or wrongly, I decided to say no...however, earlier on in the thread, I did ask politely about the posting and/or re-posting, the Audya guitars soloed, but the new demos weren't of just the guitar parts, so, we aren't any further along than before...really.

So, as it stands, you have already heard and commented on the Yamaha guitars, and the comments were, shall we say, very complimentary, and, you have heard the Audya guitars, and weren't very pleased about them...neither was I, or several others.

Somehow, I don't think we're going to see any change in that situation.

Ian

Page 18 of 28 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 27 28 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online