SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 23 of 28 < 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 27 28 >
Topic Options
#284965 - 04/16/10 07:07 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Tonewheeldude Offline

#284966 - 04/16/10 07:29 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Not too shabby, TWD, but it is as I suspected....the guitars don't play the descending bass line...they need the actual bass to provide that...it's too bad you had to add the drums, but otherwise it sounds pretty good.

Thanks,

Ian

#284967 - 04/16/10 07:43 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Tonewheeldude Offline

Sorry I thought you wanted to hear the bass play the bass line?

Actually I never heard a guitarist play a descending bass line the same time as he strums...is it even possible?

As for the drums, I played the whole sequence twice, once without and then added so you could here the same thing in a mix.

Would be fantastic if you could do the same now on one of the Yamaha's; one with nylon guitar and one with acoustic, it only took me a couple of minutes to do both files.

#284968 - 04/16/10 07:53 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
Sorry I thought you wanted to hear the bass play the bass line?

Having the actual bass play along with the guitars, is not playing the guitars on their own.

I did ask for the guitars with nothing else (as Diki said, "naked guitars"....I'm curious to see if the guitars themselves will play a descending bass line...or ascending, or whatever...strumming or picking or both...kind of nice to have them read the chords properly, including on bass, when starting a tune with just guitar.

The guitars sound terrific otherwise, as they should since they are audio recordings.

Thanks again,

Ian

#284969 - 04/16/10 08:02 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
leezone Offline

ian,

can you give us some naked guitar of your own from your BELOVED Yamaha, playing all those pretty inverted, complex, descending stuff ???

enough talk

prove what you say

it would probably take 1/2 the time to do vs. all your repeated posting

we wanna listen to how much better the Yamaha accomp. guitars are than AUDYA's as YOU say

#284970 - 04/16/10 08:05 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Tonewheeldude Offline

I can't realy grasp what your asking for and if I do understand you...I don't think its possible for a guitarist to do that - hence the Audya wont either.

Could you post a couple of examples using the Yamaha? (1x classical and one aoustic) I would like to hear what you mean. It only took me a few minutes to do those.

#284971 - 04/16/10 08:24 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
I can't realy grasp what your asking for and if I do understand you...I don't think its possible for a guitarist to do that - hence the Audya wont either.

Could you post a couple of examples using the Yamaha? (1x classical and one aoustic) I would like to hear what you mean. It only took me a few minutes to do those.

To keep it simple, I took the basic style Variation, A, and turned off all parts but the guitar...MP3's are in 192 kbps...I added a few chords as well, but still stuck to the ones you played.
http://www.4shared.com/audio/7K64seWa/AcRock.html
http://www.4shared.com/audio/0-_LOvBw/Ballad.html
http://www.4shared.com/audio/GdD14mFk/Bossa.html

#284972 - 04/16/10 08:54 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
WOW. Well guys even though i did not really like all the goading that was going on in this thread , the result actually was very eye opening. My conclusion is that

1. The audya actually handles complex chords well and if midi tracks were being used then i could not tell when they kicked in
2. That the yamaha guitars sounded to me (and i play guitar) just as good as the Audya real guitars tracks.

Which brings me to conclude that at least in this limited but important test , in terms of midi guitars and audya guitars the difference in terms of authenticity was negligible. Certainly not worth paying twice as much for. Now i know someone is going to say i need to hear the instrumenyts in person and not via a download blah blah but both instruments are working from the same or similar position so i have no doubt they would both sound great in the flesh so to speak. My qurestion now is what else can the audya do musically better than any other arranger to justify the price.

Dont get me wrong i have listened to some of the audya demos and heard those incredible funk basses and drums. But thats a lot of money to pay for that advantage.

By the way gents, i just want to commend you both for actually playing your instruments . sometime i feel like noone on this board actually does that anymore :-)

Thanks again chaps

#284973 - 04/16/10 08:58 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Just as a clarification...I used the PSR-S910, as the Tyros3 is at the rep's place.

Ian

#284974 - 04/16/10 09:12 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Tonewheeldude Offline

Thanks Ian, they sound pretty, although you would need two guitars to strum and play a bass note in real life.

I liked the classical guitar, although you can hear the sequence repeating (fret noise) every few bars which is a little annoying once you notice it.

Page 23 of 28 < 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 27 28 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online