#269035 - 08/14/09 10:11 AM Re: To all international Synthzoners
mr9000 Offline

(Dble pst)

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 08-14-2009).]

#269036 - 08/14/09 10:36 AM Re: To all international Synthzoners
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
I wonder if anyone can see what is not so slowly coming on the horizon with this texting craze..
i think it appropiate to conclude; jistism is coming to a world near you,so put down
your 10,0000page books on how to correctly say:
"Gimmi a dam rootbeer without ice this time please"
You'll learn tolerance of the prefered method of jistism speech,Keeping.I.S.S will not only prevail,too,it shall rid the world of all this red tape of cofusion like lying politician,lawyer garbble to burden the mind in dictorial underlyings.One day even the most simple of persons shall do their own taxes in about 20mins,by way of K.I.S.S. In the meanwhile,proceed to enjoy those "say it this way" books,as they are about to enter the extinct phase with abounding dust..so remember kiddies what is really going on with the texting movment,it is evolution unfolding before your heavy ladened bat like eyes.

#269037 - 08/15/09 07:46 AM Re: To all international Synthzoners
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
TAIKE... Your posts here are intriguing!
That you are fluent in more than 1-3 languages is impressive. I also really admire the way you think. I heard all three of the videos you posted, they break my heart!

As there is no email listing for you, this seems the only way to ask you to contact you. Please contact me via my email which is available in my profile here. There is much I would love to share with you if you are open to communicating privately?

Elizabeth Evelyn

------------------

#269038 - 08/16/09 01:11 AM Re: To all international Synthzoners
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Thank you, Elizabeth. A message via email has been sent.

Taike

#269039 - 08/16/09 07:39 AM Re: To all international Synthzoners
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
When I was a young man serving aboard the U.S.S. Newport News in the United States Navy, and later while working for NASA, I traveled the world and was able to learn a smattering of many languages. At one point, I was able to converse in Italian, Spanish, French, Portuguese and even a bit of Japanese, but that was many years ago. Unfortunately, when I left NASA my use of those other languages was soon lost because of non-use. I still retained a fair degree of Spanish until my sister-in-law, who is of Puerto Rican decent, moved to Florida. She has been gone for more than 15 years, and now I struggle to understand a conversation in Spanish. I think this is true with many of the skills we acquire, including music. If you don't use it, you'll likely loose it.

Great topic,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#269040 - 08/19/09 01:26 PM Re: To all international Synthzoners
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
What would please me the most is to have DonM explaing about his extensive knowledge of the English language, because of the fact that 80% of the music he performs is country! It seems to me that country lyrics would really screw him up, especially when you consider that he's been performing now for maybe 58 years give or take a couple!

Cavanaugh, are you there? You've jammed with DonM before. Do you think that this is something you'd be interesting in hearing Don elaborate about?

[This message has been edited by brickboo (edited 08-19-2009).]

#269041 - 08/19/09 02:58 PM Re: To all international Synthzoners
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Greek is spoken by about 10-13 million people only (and take my word for it, many Greeks can't actually speak it but you can't tell, after all it is all Greek to you, right?)

Most Greeks learn a second language, (mostly English) because they NEED to, for obvious and well discussed reasons.

Since the public school infrastructure for foreign language teaching ranges from "practical joke" to "shitty", most pupils learn other languages through private schools. Takes about six years.

I learned English through this process, and tried to further my understanding by reading books. As a result, I am FAR better in reading/writing English than speaking it, although I can speak with a passable fluency. Fran has spoken to me on Skype, ask him about my terrible accent.

A problem I found is that many times i know what a written word means, even understand enough colloquialisms but can't pronounce it right, or soetimes don't know the correct pronunciation, or never actually heard the word spoken.

And the fun part...
It was easy enough for me to hold a conversation with a Scottish guy, (who of course made an effort to speak clearly for me) and with a five year old from Birmingham, so I thought I was the cat's pajamas.

But one day me and a friend (who has a knack for languages) heard a Greek girl speaking to a guy, three feet away from us. They were talking to each other for maybe 3 minutes, and we couldn't understand a word, nor we could "place" the language. It wasn't Francophone, not Cyrillic, nor Balkan, nor Spanish/Portuguese, no eastern, no Arabic... no Nordic language. We asked her in English where did the guy and she lived... and her answer was "New Zealand"

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 08-19-2009).]

#269042 - 08/19/09 03:27 PM Re: To all international Synthzoners
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Rikki, didn't see any response to your post, so here is mine. I believe you think in the current language you are using the most.
I worked in Switzerland for 2 years in the 1960's. Spoke German as no English was spoken in the little Engineering firm. When I returned to Australia I relised I was thinking in German and it took me about 6 weeks to drop back to thinking in English.
Regards
Keith

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Guys,
have a question.
When you speak a number of languages, what language do you actually THINK in.
For me it's English. Grew up in an English speaking country, even though we spoke a certain amount of German at home, mainly because my grandmother wasn't good at speaking English.

best wishes
Rikki

#269043 - 08/19/09 04:00 PM Re: To all international Synthzoners
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Vielleicht hast Du meine Antwort bersehen , Keith?

Taike

#269044 - 08/19/09 04:05 PM Re: To all international Synthzoners
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'm quite an expert in Pig Latin. anCa ouya eakspa igpa atinla?

onDa asonMa

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online