SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#128849 - 04/22/03 06:29 PM Re: OT: Budget studio
harosha Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Pro: That is a great setup! I actually bought a 2 tier Z stand recently. I have Motif 7 on lower tier and Korg PA80 on the upper one. Looking at the picture, it looks like you are using the upper tier with a laminated board as a monitor shelf. Is that right? or is it something from quik Lok? I have a 19" CRT monitor do you think it would hold the weight, if I did the same?

Roel: This has to be the neatest setup I have seen! just awesome. I wish my studio would look as clean as this. I will try to post some pictures of my studio soon. Anyone else with pictures of their setup?

#128850 - 04/22/03 07:07 PM Re: OT: Budget studio
harosha Offline

Here are some pictures. I used to have a corner computer workstation, which was making the monitor speaker placement a pain. I recently bought this Quik Lok Z-Stand. I am still in the process of putting up acoustic foam on the wall behind the keyboards.

#128851 - 04/22/03 07:09 PM Re: OT: Budget studio
harosha Offline

Here is a custom made vocals area:

#128852 - 04/23/03 04:58 AM Re: OT: Budget studio
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by harosha:
Pro: That is a great setup! I actually bought a 2 tier Z stand recently. I have Motif 7 on lower tier and Korg PA80 on the upper one. Looking at the picture, it looks like you are using the upper tier with a laminated board as a monitor shelf. Is that right? or is it something from quik Lok? I have a 19" CRT monitor do you think it would hold the weight, if I did the same?

The shelf that is supporting the monitor in my picture is just a common particle board shelf from Home Depot that came in black. It is sitting on the second tier of the stand. I don't think it would hold the weight of a large CRT or if it did it would "bow" in time. There may be better solutions that would do the same with your monitor, but flat panel LCD monitors are dropping in price too.

Quote:
Originally posted by harosha:
Roel: This has to be the neatest setup I have seen! just awesome. I wish my studio would look as clean as this. I will try to post some pictures of my studio soon. Anyone else with pictures of their setup?

I am envious of the "disappearing keyboard" in Roel's setup - very handy. The suggestion of isolating the PC is good also but I will have a harder time implementing that.

If I could make a suggestion on Roel's setup: I would find a way to isolate the monitors from the shelf - thick foam works - the foam under my monitors actually came from something that was shipped to me and works great, and there are inexpensive foam risers like this that are sold especially for raising monitors off of shelves if you want to spend money.

Great show-and-tell responses !

#128853 - 04/23/03 05:50 AM Re: OT: Budget studio
Roel Offline

Yes this is great !
I play at very low volumes (and have 2 fine ears) so isolating the monitors would not help much... I think. No resonances ;D

Harosha :
I like clean desks, no wires and as compact as possible.

Roel

#128854 - 04/23/03 06:26 AM Re: OT: Budget studio
trtjazz Offline

Pro & Roel,
Very nice clean setups.

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#128855 - 04/23/03 12:03 PM Re: OT: Budget studio
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
I'll add my echo.....,
Very Nice Set Ups...and Neat Too

[This message has been edited by Leon (edited 04-23-2003).]

#128856 - 04/23/03 05:27 PM Re: OT: Budget studio
harosha Offline

The Pro: Thanks for your response. I will try to find a thicker and more heavier board that can support my monitor for now. I am just curious to try and see how it works out. I might just have to buy the flat panel monitor, it just looks too cool.

#128857 - 04/23/03 10:32 PM Re: OT: Budget studio
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here is my little place.

#128858 - 04/23/03 11:23 PM Re: OT: Budget studio
Roel Offline

Blink_ers :

WOW ! This looks like a professional studio controlroom. I'm impressed.

Roel

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online