SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 25 26 >
Topic Options
#107567 - 08/22/06 06:55 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Dont let the hype git ya

I suppose this applies to the G70 as well?

Fortunately the hype around the Tyros2 is legitimate, and for many pro players it is the ideal instrument.

Your decision to use a 3k is perfectly logical...for your needs.

For me, I prefer the enhancements on the T2...it suits my style of playing and I love the improved action and the aftertouch, as well as the SA voices(lovely stuff!), larger screen, and more accessible panel controls.

I can tell you are satisfied with the 3k and I'm glad you finally found the instrument that does the job for you.

All the best,

Ian

------------------
Remember to leave good news alone.

#107568 - 08/22/06 07:36 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Dont let the hype git ya

Donny: Sounds more like another pissing contest here.

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
I've played both and I'd say a notch, certainly not lt years... IMO

Hardly a notch. Having gigged with both myself, I find the Tyros a big improvement in both sound and important features. The T2's SA voices, ability to expand instrument sound palette (create & import 'brand new' WAV voice samples) and new improved keyboard action offers one far greater instrument emulation playing EXPRESSION not possible on the PSR3000. This coupled with Text Lyric display tied to registration, and the ability to easily record your performance directly to the HD makes the Tyros2 a complete live performance keyboard production package.

Though I've owned my Tyros2 for nearly 10 months now, I'm continuing to discover exciting new features about this powerful keyboard. This includes most recently learnng how to CREATE & IMPORT into T2: 'brand new' WAV sample voices, plus customizing & adding multi-velocity triggered effects (pitch bend, mod, etc) to them, similar to the way Yamaha's Super Articulation voices work. Tyros2 continues to assist me in taking my music performance to new heights.

Scott

#107569 - 08/22/06 07:49 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
I've played both and I'd say a notch, certainly not lt years... IMO

Glenn

I agree Glenn.....thanx for the reply.

#107570 - 08/22/06 07:53 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
quote: From Scott Yee
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dont let the hype git ya
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donny: Sounds more like another pissing contest here.

....let's not start one .......
t.

#107571 - 08/22/06 07:56 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I suppose this applies to the G70 as well?

Fortunately the hype around the Tyros2 is legitimate, and for many pro players it is the ideal instrument.

Your decision to use a 3k is perfectly logical...for your needs.

For me, I prefer the enhancements on the T2...it suits my style of playing and I love the improved action and the aftertouch, as well as the SA voices(lovely stuff!), larger screen, and more accessible panel controls.

I can tell you are satisfied with the 3k and I'm glad you finally found the instrument that does the job for you.

All the best,

Ian

The G70 was actually a turning point in my finicky buying practices....I'd buy & sell my tools of the trade driven by hype...but another lesson learned in life my friend.
I almost bought another T2 until I dug deep into my needs basket & realized after A/B'ing the 3k was the obvious choice For Me. I'm sure the next model Hype will drive people scurrying the market places also...its a never ending cycle. But for now the 3k is MY Ticket!

#107572 - 08/22/06 07:59 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
quote: From Scott Yee

Tony not my intention at all...I like both models....just asserting MY preference....
didn't you see above I said
"Its All Good "

#107573 - 08/22/06 08:05 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Hardly a notch. Having gigged with both myself, I find the Tyros a big improvement in both sound and important features. The T2's SA voices, ability to expand instrument sound palette (create & import 'brand new' WAV voice samples) and new improved keyboard action offers one far greater instrument emulation playing EXPRESSION not possible on the PSR3000. This coupled with Text Lyric display tied to registration, and the ability to easily record your performance directly to the HD makes the Tyros2 a complete live performance keyboard production package.

Though I've owned my Tyros2 for nearly 10 months now, I'm continuing to discover exciting new features about this powerful keyboard. This includes most recently learnng how to CREATE & IMPORT into T2: 'brand new' WAV sample voices, plus customizing & adding multi-velocity triggered effects (pitch bend, mod, etc) to them, similar to the way Yamaha's Super Articulation voices work. Tyros2 continues to assist me in taking my music performance to new heights.

Scott

Scott thats great Im glad you enjoying your T2 for your needs it works.....for my needs the 3k is fine for now & sounds great......
no need to go "EN GUARDE" (Definition of en garde in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of en garde. Adj. 1. en garde - in a defensive stance)

Funny how you get dropped from the A list when you dont use the KB of the elite

#107574 - 08/22/06 08:23 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Funny how you get dropped from the A list when you dont use the KB of the elite

A list? Elite? Nah. . .nothing to do with what keyboard you play. As I've stated b4, I think the PSR3000's a fine keyboard, and I'm happy to hear you find it working best 'for you' again. As I've always said: It's all about making 'music'. In the right hands, you can make terrific music with a $99 Casio too. Donny, looking forward to hearing a new tune from you buddy - Scott

#107575 - 08/22/06 08:27 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
A list? Elite? Nah. . .nothing to do with what keyboard you play. As I've stated b4, I think the PSR3000's a fine keyboard, and I'm happy to hear you find it working best 'for you' again. As I've always said: It's all about making 'music'. In the right hands, you can make terrific music with a $99 Casio too. Donny, looking forward to hearing a new tune from you buddy - Scott

Making the music sound good is the easy part for me .....being comfortable while playing it is a bit harder When my schedule lightens up I'll grant your wishes ok?

#107576 - 08/22/06 08:56 AM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
HankB Offline

Loc: Bossier City, La. USA
I’ve doubled my pleasure and doubled my fun with two G-70’s my pissing contest is won.

Hank

Page 2 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 25 26 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online