SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 12 of 26 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26 >
Topic Options
#107667 - 08/23/06 03:51 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
If the topic title was Do you really need a Tyros I, perhaps I would agree to the idea that the PSR3000 is perhaps just as good - but I don't know what the idea is posting those video's as well. ????????

In the 1st place I don't find that these videos have a commercial value promoting the PSR3000, but comparing the PSR3000 with the Tyros 2 means that either you (Dnj) don't understand the technical (and musical!) advantage of the Tyros 2 over the Tyros 1 and PSR3000 or you find the music in the videos sounding good enough... well, I don't.

However, I do believe that not being a professional performer I don't need the Tyros 1, but the PSR3000 is good enough - I do have the PSR3000. But if the successor comes out, implemented with the technical wonders of the Tyros 2, I probably will buy that successor (PSR3100?)

[This message has been edited by drdalet (edited 08-23-2006).]

#107668 - 08/23/06 04:02 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
zuki Offline

The best keyboard is NO keyboard, thus I have no say and can remain neutral! But I love the war Argure on..........
zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#107669 - 08/23/06 04:06 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
zuki Offline

I love accordians (first instrument) and thought about taking it up again, now that I'm older and could care less what anyone says! I might buy a home organ too I'll then posts MP3's that'll put everyone to sleep
zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#107670 - 08/23/06 04:35 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
MrEd Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
I love accordians (first instrument) and thought about taking it up again, now that I'm older and could care less what anyone says! I might buy a home organ too I'll then posts MP3's that'll put everyone to sleep
zuki

I know what you mean Zuki.
The accordion is a turnoff to many. And not only because its more commonly associated with ethnic styles.

Years back, I played an electronic accordion in a 5-7 piece band.
Electronic meaning it had many of the voices instruments that are in our arrangers and various acoustic and elctric bass guitars on the left-hand buttons, but no auto-accompaniment built in.
We recorded professional audio tapes and sent them out. Got a lot of jobs out of it but when we showed up and played at some of these jobs, it was all too common for the manager/hirer to express negativity about the accordion.
Things like "where's the organ player, where's the piano, no guitar!?" We showed up with the same instrumentation as what they heard on the tape. Some of them became happy when they heard us live and realized that they were getting what they heard, which was more important to them, but others were still disappointed on the appearance that the box brought.

I remember we played for a senior prom that we booked thru the demo tape. We showed up and I thought the guy who hired us was going to have a heart attack when he saw us set up with the accordion "Whats goin on? Who are you guys? The variety of music on the demo was good enough to get hired, but the instrumentation was unacceptable. Oh well, we played, they danced, we got paid.

Maybe i can get hired by the Chicago police dept...Crowd control with mt squeezebox.

[This message has been edited by MrEd (edited 08-23-2006).]

#107671 - 08/23/06 05:10 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I think maybe I'm a bit surprised, perhaps maybe even a little bit disappointed that a topic like this.. which I think perhaps started out well intended, draws 100+ responses, and a major portion of that becomes yet another pissing contest. I say well intended based on my believing that it isn't paramount that we all have the most expensive hi tech board. It's more what we do with it or what can we do with it that matters, at least to me.

Yet at the same time we see the occasional mention of things like improving our chops, or maybe some technical questions or discussions about the inner workings of our arrangers, or perhaps what we can do to customize and personalize the equipment we already have, whether it be modifying the styles or adding new ones, working with the multipads, making new voices or editing old ones, adding accessories, etc... but the responses seem to be minimal in comparison to this type of thread, and they don't appear to evoke very much passion in comparison.

I picked the Tyros 2 for a few reasons. I like the key feel, the way it's laid out, the way it sounds, the multipads and I especially like all the stuff ( software, styles, tutorials, websites, etc ) that several very generous users have provided for us at no cost over the years. The latter is one of the reasons I came back to the Yamaha fold.

Of course, there is also one more reason... that I could afford it in the first place. There were lots of times in the not so distant past that this was not the case for me, and if that were still my situation, and I still wanted most of the functionality of the T2, I would have saved my pennies and gotten a 3000, and I would not have regretted it at all. In fact, right up until the last minute, after having been so impressed by the 1500, the 3k was in strong contention to be my next board.

The real issue though is that it really shouldn't matter to anyone else what I or the next person chose. It's a personal matter, and we choose what ( hopefully ) will work best for us. That's why I don't get it I guess. I simply don't care any more if the next person thinks the T2 or the 3000 or anything else I have is the biggest piece of trash on the planet, because in the end, it has no effect on my musical journey, whatsoever.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 08-23-2006).]

#107672 - 08/23/06 06:47 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MrEd:
Its not too late Donny for the -NEW- Titano days, with midi/arranger setup built right in!
New Titano Donny

There goes the 3000!

Heck, you can get to the job on a motorcycle.
Strap the squeezbox on to your back and put the Z5500's in the saddle bags.

[This message has been edited by MrEd (edited 08-23-2006).]

wow Im teary eyed Eddie....Oh man thats a beauty for sure........thanx for the memories buddy..
these kids dont know what their missing by not learning to play the accordion.....I wish it was more main stream here in the states like it is in Europe.

stay well

Donny

#107673 - 08/23/06 06:52 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Hey MrEd, I'm there. Can't think of a better way for a Brother to spend a Labor Day weekend than at an Italian fest filled with accordian music.

chas

Oh You'll love it baby.....
Sausage & Peppers, Tarrantellas, & a bag of Zeppoli's!! Oh Yeah!!!!

#107674 - 08/23/06 06:57 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluezplayer:
a topic like this.. which I think perhaps started out well intended, draws 100+ responses,

Exactly.....thanx AJ for the reply....
What have I done.......?

#107675 - 08/23/06 07:08 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Hey - we should have an accordion jam ... all of us former accordion players meet at Donny's or Fran's for a weekend of accordion music ... how 'bout it ?!?!?
I'm feeling the urge to get that thing out of its box !!!

Leave the gun, bring the cannolis !
t.

#107676 - 08/23/06 07:10 PM Re: Do you really need a Tyros 2 ?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Hey - we should have an accordion jam ... all of us former accordion players meet at Donny's or Fran's for a weekend of accordion music ... how 'bout it ?!?!?
I'm feeling the urge to get that thing out of its box !!!

Leave the gun, bring the cannolis !
t.

Oh man Tony dont get me started.....now Im in the mood to do some bellow shakes to LADY OF SPAIN!!!! followed by a good version of GRANADA, TWO GUITARS & then
TICO TICO

Page 12 of 26 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online