Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I have NOTHING against using midi sequences (commercial or otherwise), and as I've already acknowledged many times, I will utilize them myself, if the situation bears: solo singing, or specific audience requested tunes which demand it. My only beef is when guys (and/or gals) use them and then pretend to be playing on the keyboard, the parts played back.
Scott

Well I don't think anyone on this thread has advocated that. Fran is using SMFs as a backing to play his parts over the top.

Arranger keyboard players are not different other than they need to keep one hand busy triggering MIDI loops while the other hand plays over the top. Gee it is hard to really see much difference between the 2 approaches. Sure arrangers are more flexible but then using SMF allows both hand free to perform with. It's simply a matter of choice. Nothing to argue about here. I think both approaches are valid and if I was playing a OMB gig like Scott says I'd use both where they are appropriate.

Hmmm call me arrogant if you want but I think we are all done here .... That's All Folks

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 11-19-2005).]