Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hey Guys,
can't we play nice.
I assume everybody has their own favourite type of backing be it a midifile , arranger keyboard, band or solo instrumentalist.
Main thing is to enjoy ourselves & make music , be it as a professional performer or just as a hobbyist.

Here Here! Let's listen to the Lady!

Quote:
Actually it's got me intrigued. What did a omb performer do for backing pre midifile & arranger keyboard days? or don't any of you go back that far?

best wishes
Rikki

ROFL .... I think they were called minstrels and wandered from village to village playing flutes and harps and things Then one day a rather enterprising minstrel taught his monkey to play the flute leaving himself free to play his harp and sing.

This caused much contoversy in the minstrel world. All the other minstrels were livid and said he was cheating by using his mini (or midi) monkey. (Hence the term ...'A trained monkey could do that' )

Still he made lot's of money and eneded up marrying the Kings daughter (after slaying loads of dragons and stuff) so he did not really care. The argument has raged ever since!

....... At least I think thats how it all happened!

Best wishes
Tony

PS... Disclaimer (sad but seemingly necessary). This post was ME having a titter and nothing more. No hidden messages or agenda. After all it is better to smile than to frown!! I love you all....even those who don't want me to so there!