Roel, I probably have more playing skill then you, but that is not the point..
Playing over a sequence requires as much and maybe more skills than playing in arranger mode..You have to know chord structure of the SMF and be able to make it fit in with the Sequence..I use two hands with sequences[and probably play more detail over a sequence than you do chording a lefthand to the arranger]..
Sometimes I will double up the bass line with the left hand..Always play piano and organ over a sequence and use a color sound[brass etc] with a expression pedal....

Now what part of playing do you not understand?

Chico, I made no mistake....It is not just pushing a button to play a sequence[especially if it's a Yamaha..it takes a couple of button pushes..].

I have the experience in all the methods..be it Piano, organ, accordion, Arranger, SMF , or my favorite way,,Bass, piano, drums and a color sound as I mentioned above..

You guys are all hung up on this SMF thing way too much...I don't want to convince you or anyone else that this is a great tool...I already know, ....Play in your own limited venue , and I'll play them all...

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 11-18-2005).]