Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
the panel is friction hinged similar to a laptop screen and will stay at any angle you leave it. The button force is less than the friction lock, so you can press buttons at virtually any angle of the panel.

Hi Alec: Can you please elaborate more on the way the KN7000's friction hinge works? All the laptop computer screens I've seen don't actually lock-in to any given position, but move freely to any angle. If you then give the screen more than a fingers nudge, it moves. HOW MUCH force does it take before the KN7000's screen begins to move?

A laptop computer's screen does not contain many (if any) buttons which need to be pressed, while the vast array of buttons & knobs on the KN7000's flip screen need to be continually pushed, pressed & turned while performing. I remember (on my KN5000) that pressing just the limited number of sound selection buttons on its tilt screen didn't always feel that solid & stable, so I hope that on the upcoming KN7000 (with ALL of it's button funcions now on a tilt hinged screen alone) that this proves to be a LOT more stable and can endure the constant button selection & pressing demands of a professional arranger keyboard performer.

Im wondering if there's perhaps (on the KN7000) a feature which allows you to actually 'LOCK DOWN' the tilting panel to a 'given' solid position? Thanks. - Scott