Hi Bill and Mike,

I want to echo your comments, Bill. I was going to add my thoughts earlier this morning to Mike's remarks, but decided not to respond. Your good sense to wait until you have a Technics approved version of an update is wise. Third party updates are not always the panacea they purport to be. They may in fact introduce new bugs. If you wait for the Technics update and install it and you have problems, you have recourse to Technics to fix it. As Chris said, Technics will not honor a warranty when the owner has installed software that has been developed by a third party.

As for Mike's remarks about having problems part exchanging a keyboard that has not been updated, I seriously doubt any dealer is going to tell a prospective customer he will not do a deal because the latest software update is not installed. He'll sell the keyboard and install the update himself, or more likely, sell the old keyboard "as is" since it is working fine anyway.

And as for the remarks about selling a computer, I am like a lot of people. If something meets my needs, why get rid of it? Hence, I am running a four-year old computer with Windows 95 and am very happy with it. I also have a three-year old KN6000 and am happy with it as well. I will likely buy the next generation Technics flagship keyboard, but only if it has been significantly upgraded from the KN7000. Otherwise, I will buy a KN7000 at a much reduced price and be happy.

I am not one that has to have the "latest and greatest". I pick and choose what I want based on goals and needs. Just a little bit of wisdom I picked up along life's way over the past 73 years.

Chuck

[This message has been edited by Chuck Piper (edited 08-03-2003).]