Originally Posted By Diki
The trouble I have with busy styles is, muting a part isn’t what you actually WANT to do. You want a simpler part. Muting a busy guitar part doesn’t get you a simple guitar part. Just no guitar part at all…

That’s where swapping in guitar parts from other, simpler styles works well.

Hi ,
I find pads a great way of auditioning and changing styles. Korg has a great function style to pad/ pad to style. Simple method of making pads, choose style, choose the track you want to turn into a pad. Save it. Just say it’s a guitar loop, you can now try it with any style, just mute the guitar part in the style , trigger the pad instead. If it works , you can then use the pad to style function , to replace the existing guitar track.
Basically you put together a bit of a pad library. Bass, guitar, piano?

When I first got my sx900 I started to put together piano pad library. Not as easy to do the above for yamaha, pads had to be done in a Daw, but got some great results trying different piano patterns in styles. Just had to keep track of which pad belonged to which style, then I just had to copy the track from one style to the other.
Some of those Freestyle’s (FS) sound great with a piano track. Defeats the purpose, but sounds good.
Yes you can always just use the pad itself, but Korg doesn’t have the sync start function button that Yamaha does , not easy pressing the pad button to start exactly at the first beat. Piano arpeggio not great starting on next beat. You want it starting on the C not the E.

Whoops at it again,supposed to be playing, I think it’s one function that does still work on PA5x , even if not maybe not totally bug free. Have tried it.

Edited by rikkisbears (02/17/23 06:22 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022