Originally Posted By Diki
In fairness, Rikki, the PA5x is not a completely ground up, utterly new product. Some of the hardware has been seriously revamped, but the underlying OS is very MUCH a continuation of everything Korg has done for decades. It’s just horribly bugged and massively incomplete.

But once the missing stuff is added, and the bugs addressed, there’s very little from workflow to editing screens that will make a PA4X player have the slightest problem adapting. Certainly no more than the PA3-PA4 change did. I think you are being a bit forgiving to Korg. But then again, not being dependent on data migration and being able to immediately gig on your very expensive purchase puts you in a small field of users that can AFFORD to give Korg all the time it wants. Others are not so lucky, and nothing makes them madder than trying to take the heat from off Korg’s feet!

Hi Diki, only what some others have said, new operating system. If it’s in regards to style structure, definitely not new. Way one picks styles , that’s new. Other stuff works differently too. So I don’t know what qualifies something as new. Maybe just an excuse.
Yes, personally I have the time to wait for bugs to get sorted, there’s others in my situation too, home players,they’re just happy playing a great sounding keyboard.
I do feel sorry for the pro’s who use it for gigging. Songbook function isn’t working correctly, that was a bug that was supposed to be fixed last update. It’s the ones that have built up libraries of sampled sounds and styles and pads etc that have every right to be angry. Some would have been putting resources together for years..
I’ve got my style library , but I was fortunate, all my Pa4x converted ok, I never used sampled sounds.
Korg sure have made a hash of things. I tell anybody who asks to wait for the next update if they’re considering buying.
If I needed a keyboard for work, I wouldn’t replace what I’ve got with something brand new on the market, don’t think it even had a manual. That’s where the PA5x name must have given those early buyers false security.
Supposedly 3 to 4 months till next big update when they supposedly add a heap of functions back in.
Think they’d get more kudos if they did something earlier and fixed the bugs that were supposed to be fixed in last update.

Hope it’s not going to be the end of an era like with your beloved Roland, top of the line arrangers ,not worth the hassle or for whatever reason it was Roland stopped developing them.

Haven’t heard anything on replacement for Genos either? not that I probably would have bought one. At approx. half the price I’ve got my brilliant sx900. Asked the question on psr forum if Genos “styles “sounded way superior to Sx900 styles, majority of users said no, except that Genos has the revo drums and sa sounds and extra fx. ( talking about styles) not keybed or anything else.

Anyway going to be a long 3 months for many.

Edited by rikkisbears (02/16/23 08:34 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022