Originally Posted By Diki

I certainly didn’t hear an awful lot of grumbling from 970 users when the SX appeared. Certainly nothing close to the tsunami of chaos that erupted after the PA5x appeared!

That’s an understatement Diki, the place is toxic. Some stirring the pot of discontent, don’t even own one. Probably don’t even intend on buying one even if there weren’t problems.
Some are under the impression “top end “arrangers are out there in bucket loads. As far as I’m aware there’s only 3 left , Ketron, Korg, and Yamaha . Some think Roland will come to the rescue ( for your sake that would be great, ) somehow don’t think so? Not sure if any of them currently meet all the expectations of some users.
It is a mess for some.
Feel safe to say it here, I’m enjoying mine. The bugs are really annoying because they should have been fixed in the Dec. update.
I work my way around them.
The ones complaining about missing functions, well, I read the manual before I bought mine, so I knew what I was getting and what I wasn’t.
They’re planning on adding a lot of the prior functions back, going to take time. The Pa4x evolved from the i3 back in the mid 90’s.
They goofed up by calling it a PA5x, should have given it a different name , new operating system, new name. Name sort of implied it was a continuation of the pa4x.

Edited by rikkisbears (02/15/23 04:34 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022