Sadly, although we have access to thousands of styles, many of them converted from other brands, the pace of creation of styles for the CURRENT models has pretty much dried up. You tend to only get impressive new styles along with a new model, and those often leverage new sounds and kits or features like new guitar modes or multiple drum tracks, and can’t play on older models.

Then there’s the issue of taking older styles and converted styles and editing them to be as impressive as the best of the new batch. That usually involves quite a bit of editing to get drum kits to hit the sweet spot of sample crossover, and a fair bit of rebalancing styles and inserting effects correctly (if you even can use inserted effects on style parts), and dealing with note ranges and wraparound. And don’t get me started about translating one brand’s guitar mode to another’s!

For me, the goal is consistency… if one style blows me away, I want them ALL to blow me away. Sadly, I seldom get that from legacy styles and conversions. The new model arrangers latest always raise the bar!