I still check in on the forum a couple times daily, though I have very little free time on my hands to do so. Because of distal neuropathy in both my hands and feet, I rarely turn on the keyboard, though I do sometimes, just to see if I can still play without looking at the keys.

When someone is in need of assistance with their arranger keyboard or PA system, I do what I can to help them solve their problem. Fortunately, most folks have been able to eventually master the OS of their keyboards, thus these posts are rare on the forum.

I also have a friend who immigrated to the US from Moscow, he is a few years younger than myself (most people here fit into that category.) and he is also an avid sailor. He recently purchased a beautiful 47-foot sloop and sailed it to the Bahamas, where he intends to spend much of this winter, which has been brutally cold here in the People's Republic of Maryland. He emailed me when he got to Grand Bahama Island and said the daytime temperature is averaging about 78 degrees f and he will be sailing back to Maryland when the temperature here is about the same. smile Damned, I hate winter. It snowing here right now and the temperature is just 33 degrees f. Brrrrrrrrr!

Most of us old timers are still here, Chas, but not very active, I think mainly because there is nothing new and exciting on the new equipment on the horizon to gab about. The gear that is currently available is fantastic to say the very least, at least from the perspective of an old hack entertainer that is three years into retirement. How I wish I were still working, but alas, I got old and a lot of body parts are shot to Hell.

Much of my time is now spent taking care of my loving spouse of 60 years, who unfortunately, is suffering the after effects of a mild stroke and 15 years of total inactivity. Consequently, my home has essentially been transformed into a nursing home with thousands of dollars in medical assist devices. I have everything that can be found in the best nursing homes/assisted living centers, prepare three meals a day, do the laundry, clean the house, take care of the cat, etc... The big difference is that the person taking care of Carol is not some 20 something year old - it's a busted up, old codger of 81 years old. My main reason for living, right now, is so I can continue to take care of Carol.

Sorry for the rant, my friends, but it's time to check my email again, then make lunch for Carol.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)