I would like to extend my warm regards to Frank Ventresca, owner of AudioProCT.com for delivering the Yamaha GENOS in pristine condition.

Frank took great care in double boxing the package with a ULINE box measuring 48” x 24” x 8”.
He wrapped the whole thing with a black film for added protection.

UPS Ground had no problems delivering this light 30 lb box at my door on time.

Everything was sealed and factory fresh.

I immediately began to run a series of tests on this brand new unit.

The 9” diagonal LCD screen is bright and flawless. It looks quite a bit larger than the 8” screen on the CVP-609.

The Analog Outputs on the GENOS are clean as a whistle. Even when the Master Volume is turned all the way to its Max position, there is absolutely no hiss. This is a common characteristic of Yamaha hardware.

Roland synths and sound modules on the other hand do exhibit some hiss as you turn up the main volume.

The headphone output on the GENOS pairs well with the Sony MDR-7506 headphones. These low impedance 63 ohm headphones play loud enough with the GENOS Master Volume pushed to the 2 o’clock position.

The Sony MDR-7506 headphones sound clear but lack the bass. I could hear a richer and warmer sound with a fuller bass using the Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro Open Dynamic headphones.

However, the DT-990 Pro has a higher impedance of 250 ohms. I had to turn the GENOS Master Volume to its Max Level to get sufficient output.

If you have a high impedance headphone, it may be better to connect your GENOS to a mixer like a Mackie 1604VLZ4 and use the headphone out on the mixer.

Next, I connected the Main (Left/Right) Analog Output of the GENOS to several powered Studio Monitors.

Behringer B3031A Truth Monitors
JBL LSR 4328P Monitors
ADAM A7X Studio Monitors

I will be posting the results of my evaluation in my quest to find the optimal external sound system for the GENOS.