I downloaded Cakewalk a couple days ago thinking, yeah this is a good way for me 'to get started' after not actively playing music for..ooh about nine years. BIG MISTAKE. Yeah, after lots of frustration, wondering why I couldn't even get the damn 'play' button working (on the demo project), getting conflicting advice from people ("Don't install Asio".."Oh you DO need Asio", oh just get the Focusrite driver there, etc) even after I managed to have somebody help installing the ASIO4all, I still couldn't get that thing working. So after Uninstalling it from my computer just now, I feel better..and wondering, maybe trying to accept that I've been away from this game for too long. Some people are keyboardist, some are software users/Daw Producers...I probably have to just accept I am not the latter. Like I told somebody today, I just want to spend 80% of my time playing/recording, 20% tweaking (percentage may change)...and not 60% trying to figure out software, 30% wondering why certain things don't work, and maybe 10% of actual playing. Sorry if I sound sour, definitely it has been a frustrating 48 hours. Somebody I met at a studio today suggested (and helped a little bit) Studio One..although yes it looks a bit simpler than Cakewalk (and seemed more intuitive), maybe I missed something but the free version doesn't have even the most basic sound plug-ins...and adding to the injury, I couldn't even get the Tyros hooked up to the computer. Could be the cable issue, or again I miss something in the set up (and as always, the owners manual didn't explain squat)...and this, I haven't even get to the Focusrite yet! (two weeks loan from the store).

And all I wanted was an easy recording from my keyboard...

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, I've been really frustrated since yesterday!