I spent most of the day, testing procedures to complete projects.. DAW vs G70.

Combination of the two is excellent, any project can be done ,,, even with video.

Individually, is another matter..

Every project I did today with just the DAW (G70 used only to input note on/off midi data),

Took forever, and fine tuning a pain in the neck. After I completed a project in a DAW,

I did the same project with only the G70.. Time wise DAW projects were 10 times longer than the G70.

I even used short cuts with the DAW (audio loops to finish the project).

The last project I tested....I wrote a 4 layer patch. A blend of Acoustic piano/ Rhodes/ and string pad

The LA piano sound. I also wrote a manual bass to switch to when needed.

It took literary more than half an hour to set this combo with VST's (Split and layered).

Less than a minute on the G70 (including fine tuning the tones and EQ, and effects).

I had to go back and correct some things on the DAW project and add effects (another ten minutes).

Now it was time to locate and place in the DAW the tracks.. drums bass, guitar etc, also a drum fill in
spots.. also tried to have a proper ending with drums and bass.
this project took about another 45 minutes.

Mixdown and mixing another 10 minutes. .By the time it was completed it took over two hours.

Using just the G70,After I wrote my layered tone patch, I selected a style, edited the sounds
(make up tools), performed it and captured as a midi file..
I also did two more accent tracks as my intro and ending. Total time was about ten minutes.

I recorded it as a wav on my Tascam DR-07.

The quality of the projects were far better with the G70 over the DAW.

After today, I think I will scratch the path I was thinking, buying a high end laptop
and using Roland cloud subscription for my VST's. There still is advantage with multi track
recording (over dubs).. but for putting together sounds and a performance (midi).. No contest.

G70 will be my tool of choice.. PS: I already knew this going into todays testing..