a Person consists of:

1. a Body
2. a Soul
3. a Spirit

When He touches you upon your personal request to Him, He physically exchanges your Spirit with His. Think of things like "a new spirit I will give them and CAUSE them to follow My ordinances" recorded in His Book. (Everything I state now is Biblical, but you would not care to read it even should I list it)

This is not some abstract thing, it is physical & it is very real. Hence the term "born again".

Every person without exception who've been through this will testify to this. All of a sudden one becomes a new person, although this process is gradual and not immediate.

It works from the inside outwards - it is Him changing you, not you changing yourself because of some new values that you've discovered.

Religion = dead = finding some new values and trying to change accordingly.

Being born again = live = automatic = having NOTHING to do with oneself apart from a full surrender to Him.

Think of statements like "the letter killeth, but the Spirit giveth life" amongst others things listed in His Book also.

Now, His Book warns you to consider the price to be paid before going for the above. For the religious, the price to pay is purely what they forfeit in this life based on their new choice of values.

For the born again individual, the price to pay is guaranteed, no matter what you do or don't. This price includes but is not limited to:

1. Being ridiculed
2. Being hated
3. Being totally rejected
4. Loosing your life with it's benefits
5. Loosing ones rights to anything
6. Loosing success
7. Loosing ones will
8. Loosing ones security, even from ones own family
9. ... I can start to quote from His Book, but for now it will make no impression so I'll stick to basic descriptions only. Think of things like i.e. "and they loved not their own lives even unto death" & "they gladly accepted the spoiling of their goods" recorded in His Book for starters only.

Benefits includes:

1. Hearing His audible voice from time to time
2. Finding peace which cannot be described with normal reasoning faculties
3. Interaction with His Spirit which is very real for those used to it
4. Loose all fear pertaining to this life
5. ... There are many more of no value to the current readers.

It is not ones new belief redeeming one in the after life, it is His Spirit now residing inside of one.

Note: There is a reason He is called "Lord of hosts" & I can tell you this is no exaggeration in the least. It is like science fiction, it is real & for most who don't understand it, it is scary.

You can talk to a born again believer in the artic, unhampered by the influence of others. Next you can talk to a born again believer in the amazon, uninfluenced by others - they will talk EXACTLY the same thing, right down to the commas & dots. Even those in extremely dense populated & industrialized areas will talk the same thing. They were all trained by His Spirit, not by man made dogmas. To me this is one of the greatest miracles of true salvation.

The other amazing thing is that, a mere simple verbal surrender to Him, which comes from the heart, will set all of the above in motion. It is not linked to some training or courses or anything similar, but ONLY to a fully surrendered life to Him.