Originally Posted By bruno123
Rikki, writing my feelings helps me to make a decision. The last thing I did in Guitar Center was to play a style on the Sx900, then play the same type of style on a Pa1000. I had to stop myself from buying another Pa1000, but those days are over. I’m going back to loving and playing all kinds of music.

Part of my background:
My Dad was a concert pianist, his parents sent him to Italy to study music/piano. He played a 15-minute program on radio, before TV arrived. He played classical music and pop, all without music. And, he had his own band. At the places where they showed movies without sound, he was the piano player under the screen. I grew up listening to him play. At age 83, just before he left, he said,
“Johnny, no more piano player”.
They were the saddest words I’ve ever heard.

I went to bed an hour ago, could not sleep – had to get up --- I can’t wait until I place an order for a Sx900 tomorrow.

Thanks for reading, John C.
PS, I have another reason for buying the Sx900, there is no way you were going to get ahead of me. ha ha (I learned that from you)

Hi John, wonderful story about your dad, except for the last little bit. Have to agree, very sad.

Basically if I understand correctly, you love the korgs ( me too) but, they lack some of the styles you require for an all rounder. Whereas with Yamaha you hopefully should just be able to sit down and play.

No doubt, I won’t be able to help myself, I’ll still be altering the odd style, but it will because I want to, not because I have too.

Doubt I’ll get ahead of you John, haha , you probably know psrs better than me.
I’ve been tied up doing a style base, there are some pretty good factory styles Yamaha have dropped over the years, I’m trying not to lose them. Some sound reasonably good even as they are. Certainly not wasting time tweaking any, only if I find I need one. I’m a sucker for piano ballads and the some of the movie styles. Haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022