Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Originally Posted By leeboy
I don't sing, I don't GIG out, I play the more smooth type music, ballads, musical theatre, 50. 60 love songs...easy listening mostly...so for me the Yamaha has the best sounds AND styles for my type of playing.

Ditto, took me 10 years to realise I was playing wrong brand of keyboard.
Happy with my SX now.

P.s, I did enjoy those 10 years, but, didn’t do much actual playing.

Agreed. Even with hours of editing, Korg styles may not be smooth/ natural in comparison since the original style/fills/transitions- programming is busy/overwritten ( plus lack of 3rd party styles) compared to Yamaha and takes away playing time.

Again we are not taking about the Korg’s “ editing power”/ “ sequencer”, “ sound/ program editing”, “hardware”, “keys”, built quality”, “ functions”, “VH”,” bang for the buck”, etc.We are talking about simple unbusy 4/4 styles. Having simple 8 beat/ 16 beats styles with simple / natural bass lines which is a must for western ( non middle eastern/non Eastern European /Balkan) music player especially your gig depends on arranger function.

SMF’ers, Sequence replayers and , LH bass players who use arranger as drum machine will say they have no issues with Korg.

Edited by jamman (10/11/19 06:18 PM)