Originally Posted By jingleman
Originally Posted By rikkisbears
A badly broken right wrist, 8 months of complications and not knowing if my right hand would go back to normal. Realized what’s the point of all the technology and converting styles etc if I didn’t actually play.

Rikki, Your point is right on. I remember in the good old sampling days...I would work for hours to get all my sounds together to start producing some music. By this time...I was exhausted and just went to bed. At this point in my life...I just want to play, not get too bogged down with technology.
JM

Nothing wrong with that, after all Playing the music is what it is all about. And if you do not want to program or tweak Yamaha is your best friend. But don't complain that even then you are only using perhaps 5% of its potential and 5% of its true best way of sounding.

Frans,
this German guy gives a decent performance of the possibilities of the PA1000 in particular as to the right hand sounds. It is still a long way removed from my programming though, and the PA1000 potential is still a lot bigger, particularly in the way he has , or rather has not, spent much time on tweaking the accompaniment. For PA users, if I may be so arrogant, the comments of an American entertainer who recently acquired my PA1000 programming:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/v...d6308937cd18793

Still, I stick to my guns: get a combination of the two !!!!

smile smile smile

John