Force has nothing to do with it bill . Harvey Weinstein did not force a single starry eyed young women to do anything but he is alleged to have taken advantage of willing participants and is not held up as one of America’s finest ....,but he did open some doors for women . Maybe he should be awarded something instead of vilified ?

I have been out on a Saturday night in Birmingham on broad street . I have seen how a lot of the women dress and the behaviour that often ( not always ) corresponds with their dress , in public right out there in the street ...the consequences the morning after etc.

In fact a lot of young and older men count on these young women’s style of dress and behaviour as indicators of what they are willing to do and that the men hope to get at the end of the night . Call it buying and selling signals .

And that’s the culture that you might be fine with it and we could discuss this all day .

But none of this has anything to do with how a professional female musician markets her music compared to her male counterpart.

Whether she objectifies herself voluntarily or feels it’s just another thing women need to do that men don’t have to , she is still objectifying herself and it follows legitimising the act which of course she is free to do but is that a good thing ?

I know I am out of step with a lot of folks on this discussion . But that’s just fine by me . Everyone has a right to their opinion .