Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
I bet everyones heard the phrase "Sex Sells" so why the surprise. Its all showmanship in a difdferent way. Is Classical music off limits ? The girl can play so like someone said so could Liberace but what got him famous was his over the top showmanship.
I wish I had a hot female vocalist to work with. Opens many doors.

This will upset some people but it still needs to be said . That’s the problem right there . It objectifies women . Sex sells is not a surprise . The “hot female vocalist “ you would love to have has just become an object to use to open doors for you . Not her talent , not her intelligence ,not her innate value as a person . Her sexuality and erotic provocativeness is the head turner-and that has nothing to do with showmanship .

I am not a feminist by any means , but I have women I respect and love that I work with , or that are in my family and I am a father of a self confident and self respecting daughter, so I am curious , if it would be ok for you to think about your daughters , wives and sisters selling their sexuality to open doors for you for your economic gain ? There is a name for that in my country and yours and it’s not a pleasant name .....

But it’s 2019 . ....maybe it does not have the same connotations today ?