Hi guys,

Last night we (my wife and singer) spent a few hours at Sam Ash, and got to try most of the recommend gear. We both really want to go with some 12' EV subs, but after comparing the 12", 15", and 18" we went with a pair of ELX 18" (EV's mid level) and a 12" EV ZLX (EV's entry level) After buying the poles,covers and cables we went over our budget... It's nice they have 24 month of interest free financing!

Interesting thing- I really wanted to like the EV ELX200 18SP because of it's lite weight, but thought that the 12" EV sub actually sounded better. But the mid level ELX 18" sub sounded the best by far. The subs will be shipped to my house soon. Today I set up the 12" ZLX tops, and they sounded really good, and I like how they can be easily eq and have some real nice presents like "club mode" which makes them sound deeper.

I'm kind of thinking that two 18' maybe overkill? Maybe I'll be fine with one? It's hard to say before I actually try them on some jobs...

I'm sure there's all sorts of subs and tops from the higher end lines from JBL, Yamaha, QSC that are more powerful, but budget, weight, and working with the one EV ZLX top that I already had figured in the equation.

The plan is to keep using the Bose Compact for small jobs, and the EV system for bigger jobs along with the Bose for stage monitors.

Thanks for the input!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache