Originally Posted By cgiles
Mark, sorry Gospel singing makes you constipated but I'm sure a little French Musette will quickly reverse your condition.

You're absolutely right, it would. French Musette has a longer history of beauty in music than Jennifer Hudson has. It will also remain long after this type of synthetic singing has faded. That, my friend, is a "track record” that she will never attain.

I guess we should count ourselves lucky to have such an in-house expert to define for us in no uncertain terms what is singing and what is not.

I'd prefer you refer to me as someone who is not afraid to speak his mind and stand by what he says! But also who remains a gentleman especially when lame accordion jokes are bandied about and he sees "red" every time he reads yours, but still rolls with the punches instead of "blowing it out of proportion!"

So I guess Jenifer should take take all of her awards, accolades, and gazillion dollar bank account and just pack it in since clearly, according to the Book of Mark, she can't sing.

No, she CAN’T sing. She can scream and she can "stylize" a song but she can't "sing." I don't know what your musical background is but apparently you never listened to Opera. She's an insult to every Opera singer who spent years and years (and tons of time and money) studying his craft. She's also an insult to such greats as Lena Horne, Diana Ross, Whitney Houston, Etta James, Natalie Cole, etc As for her many accolades.....consider the source. She wouldn’t have lasted a second in the era when people were enveloped in the Great American Songbook days.

Lloyd Bentsen said to Dan Quayle in a Presidential debate: "Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy." I say: "Jennifer, you're no Aretha Franklin!"

But hey, who knows, maybe she can start a new career doing Ex-Lax commercials.

Yes, that's what she should be doing instead of giving good singing a bad name.

also ran across this opinion clip which doesn't quite line up with YOUR assessment, but which I thought you might find interesting anyhow.

Producing "opinion clips" is like "slanting the news" as it's done in media coverage of politics.

But.....my assessment is an "assessment".....that I, myself, own and stand with. Don't try to label it as attempting to spread the Gospel according to Mark.....King of Kings. Like YOU do with your authoritative opinion of accordion music!

Have a good day Mark, don't forget your meds smile.

I see you haven't lost the art of insulting.

Your good friend, Chas

Chas, you will not be a good friend to me, or any kind of a friend, until you apologize for those remarks you made about me...."the epitome of disrespect, insensitivity, and downright ignorance."

On the positive side, I consider you a master of "word usage" and poignant thinking and I always enjoy reading your posts which I find to be well thought out. But you need to harness those qualities and use discretion instead of treating other members here with a lack of respect and an overabundance of disdain (as you did with one of the other members here a few weeks ago).