Originally Posted By keybplayer
Originally Posted By Dnj
I wonder how many owners are also experiencing this problem with GENOS? that being said what is your over all opinion/review of the Genos? and what will be your next purchase for an arranger KB if at all or?

Hi Donny. The Yamaha rep I spoke with wasn't aware of anyone else having the same issue although there are only a few people in North America who currently own the Genos. In fact I was the first person in San Diego to have one. So it's probably too early to gauge the relevance of the issue I encountered. I wanted to inform other Genos owners of the potential hazard so it doesn't happen to them. The best way to insure that is to disable the Auto Power Off feature even though the manual states that when there is activity happening on the keyboard e.g. transferring of files, playing the keyboard, playing songs, etc. the Genos should remain powered on. It is only when there is no activity going on that the Auto Power Off feature powers down the keyboard after a specified time. In theory of course. wink

As far as future plans for a new keyboard I'll probably wait and see what Yammie does with their next firmware update for the Genos to see if they address the issue. If not then I'll probably just wait for Genos 2 and hope for the best. I was hoping Guitar Center in La Mesa, CA had received a second Genos since they were expecting another one soon but they hadn't gotten it yet or else I would have purchased that one.

I would say the Genos is probably the best sounding arranger on the market currently although the Korg Pa4x and Ketron SD9 are excellent arrangers too needless to say. There were some things on the Genos I didn't care for like having to press more things on the touchscreen than I thought were necessary (in some instances) in order to arrive at the spot intended. I wish the LCD screen tilted like the Tyros line did. You can't use the REVO drums in midi songs which was disappointing. The design of the keyboard (the view from the back) is kind of ugly in my opinion. It looks like it has wings and wants to fly away. laugh But overall it has many great features and of course it sounds wonderful which is the Genos' biggest selling point in my opinion.

All the best,

Mike

Mike thanx for the reply......but let me ask you this point blank...in your opinion...Is the genos worth the price?