'Entertainer' is too broad a term for me. To me, an 'entertainer' could be anything from a kid's birthday party clown to a magician to an alligator wrestler; as long as he is entertaining people. A musician, on the other hand, is a musician. Technically, he is also an entertainer, in that he/she entertains with their musical performance. If by 'entertainer' you mean 'musical entertainer', then you run the gamut of entertainers with average to poor musical skills to musicians with average to poor entertaining skills (and everything in between). Vocals, of course, muddy the waters, so I am leaving them out of my distinctions. Of course there are some, like Victor Borge or Harry Connick, Jr. or Sammy Davis, Jr., who are both superb musicians AND entertainers.

I understand what John C. is saying above ('learn' vs 'born with') although I don't totally agree with it. I think both skills can be learned (or at least, enhanced) although ("born with" - aka 'talent') certainly helps.

BTW, this 'Entertainer vs Musician' subject is broached quite often but hardly ever by musicians - wonder why?

chas