Hi Bill,

Theoretically speaking, transient peaks are not a problem. They are of such short duration that they pose no danger to a keyboard, lightbulbs, coffee pots etc. Such peaks would only be a danger if they are sustained. I suppose that is obvious but I'll say it anyway.

It appears to me that the output of the inverter you are intending to use is digitally derived. The inverters I am familiar with were DC motors that produced a sine wave output. Apparently your inverter is a solid state device, hence the modified sine wave or square wave output.

I think Elizabeth and Len are likely right in saying your inverter will not damage your keyboard. But just to be on the safe side I would telephone the manufacturer and ask for specific assurances that the output of the inverter is safe for keyboards. They have to have a toll free number. Manufacturers do not always take into account ALL of the possible appliances out there when they design and manufacture their products. I am like you. I would want to be on the safe side, so I would telephone.

Merry Christmas to you and Jann,

Chuck