Originally Posted By: Bachus

Just a little tip, dont keep your important data only on CD, self created CD's dont have an eternal,lifespan either, after 10 years the glue between the layers starts to disolve...

Thank you Bachus,
must admit it hadn't really occurred to me my cd/DVD roms probably would fail too, eventually.
Have got some of the files on USB sticks, but probably not all of them. Never thought I'd get to use the KN files again ( gave up trying to convert them with EMC ) so never really gave them much thought till now.
So thank you, I''ll backup those disks.

Yes, I was one of those heartbroken people. I had about 300 floppy disks with all my styles safely stored away, ( back in 2000). Took a couple of years off ( keyboard free zone)
along came kn7000, out came the disks. More than half were corrupted. Some totally useless , dome only partially. Fortunately my disks were backed up at least 2 to 3 times , so between them I managed to save most of the files, A composer file from one disk and the matching sounds from another. Nightmare. Took weeks.

So, point taken.

My current keyboard files, I do numerous duplicates on seperate use sticks and hard drives. I actually had a 3 month old USB hard drive fail. Not impressed.

Thanks Bavhus.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022