Quote: Bernie I wasn't trashing the product if you are refering to me...just trying to get some clarification about what it does and how, as it was being commended by folk.

Sorry Rog
It was a knee jerk reaction in defense of Dan for the reasons Bachus mentioned.

I have been gigging for 50 years and learn something new everyday. I have performed many times with vArranger, a win7 tablet, SD2 module, and an Axiom master keyboard. All light weight and rock solid performance. Now, the learning part for me is to use the sounds from the program instead of a module. There is a manual on the website that discusses every step with pictures. I have to admit that I should learn this, and Dan is always right there to help.
In it's basic form, you need a computer(any Windows), a midi keyboard to transmit, not only note on messages, but control messages. In other words keys are assigned to volume, sound selection very easily if you have assignable midi transmitting keys to do so. With a master keyboard, it is simple, or use a keypad.

You must have a decent sound source with internal sources like Dan's, your own Vsti's, soundfonts, or a module. That's it.

The advantages are non obsolescence, choice of manufacturer's styles, light weight, very stable.

The only disadvantage is a modular setup compared to a self contained keyboard, but the flexibilitty outweighs this IMO.

I didn't intend to go on like this, however....