Originally Posted By: squeak_D
I'm optimistic Casio will fix it. Turns out the PX-560 had a similar mixer issue as well.., and Casio patched it. I still say however.., there is no way Casio didn't know about the problem prior to shipping the MZX's. I think it was just a case of what is now the norm.., "rush it to market..., bugs and all.., fix it later".

Just a simple question, how much experience do you have with releasing software patches?

Often old faults sneak back in when new ones are repaired.
Or the non functioning part is a cover up for a bug that could hard crash the whole isntrument as soon as the missing function gets used.

Again i must defend Casio(or any other company) because witouth all the facts you just cant make reliable assumtions on what and why...

Point is they noticed and promissed a repair as soon as they could..

Point is also they dont give an eta yet... Why?? Who knows? could be company pollicy, could be Mike Martin having no direct line to the Casio developers in Japan? Or it could be the developers having no clue yet how to solve it... But then maybe the problem is allready solved and being tested internally for an upcomming patch...

Witouth more open and honest communication we will not know, i think that customers are entitled to more information about bugs then the current " we are working on it". So the intial action of Casio top knotch... Yet now after more then 10 days they definately should have an update for their customers.

http://keyszone.boards.net