800dv,
I totally agree with you.. I know so many people who have those MPC's, and if they didn't have the MPC they couldn't do crap for music production. What's sad is that so many people are buying the MPC for rap and hip hop, not because they think it sounds good, but because it's what everyone is using. Personally I think it's an over rated, and overpriced piece of crap. That's the problem with today's music industry.. They don't give a damn whether you can sing or not.. It's all 100% image now... Again I refer to Britney Spears.. Let's be honest guys.., yeah this girl is hot as hell, and she's built like a brick house, but she really can't sing for crap... Just take one of her most recent songs and completely strip it of all vocal processing, and just listen to her voice (dry)... It's not good at all. Then you have singers like Christina Agularie (excuse the spelling), who can sing her ass off and has a major set of pipes who doesn't get the recognition she deserves. Her vocal range is incredible, but because she wasn't the so to say inocent school girl Britney was supposed to be, she gets overlooked for her talent. What ever happened to the real R&B, and hip hop groups from the 90's.... Groups like Boyz II Men, Bel Biv DeVoe, and Shai? Those people were awsome singers.. They actually used their own natural voices and it sounded great.. Today you get all this crappy ass over processed shit that sounds awful. The US really needs to pick itself up out of this rut and get back on track with the music industry.. Lately if you're not teenie bopper material no one wants to sign you..
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.